Why does my GPS isnt working since Im with Fizz

Options
Marie-Philippe C.
Marie-Philippe C. Posts: 6 ✭✭
Since I change for FIZZ, my GPS isnt working when I use my car, it says "Searching for signal". When I'm moving it doesnt follow the car, but when im not moving it can localise where I am. My cellphone company says its not a problem with my phone but with the carrier.

Answers

• Fizzy
    Fizzy Posts: 10,903 ✭✭
    Options

Hi, what phone are you using? Also which GPS app are you using?

It sounds like your phone may be "lagging". Do you have enough free storage and sufficient memory on your phone? It may work better if you reboot your phone. Also shutoff or close any other running applications you are not using. You may want to do a clean-up of your phone if you have a lot of Apps installed.

I hope this helps.

• Code_KRUEW
    Code_KRUEW Posts: 400 ✭✭
    Options
    Your phone's GPS should not care which carrier it is on as it uses satellites outside of the control of your phone carrier.
  • Fizzy
    Fizzy Posts: 10,903 ✭✭
    Options

@Kent, if her data is enabled, it is also using the cell towers for positioning.

You are correct saying that it should not depend upon which phone carrier.

• Code_KRUEW
    Code_KRUEW Posts: 400 ✭✭
    Options
    @Fizzy, the GPS function of your phone uses many techniques to localize you and has fallback mechanisms when one or more of these functions are unavailable. So it should not matter which carrier you are connected to at the moment.
  • Irene
    Irene Posts: 4,105 ✭✭
    Options
    I am using the google sharing and waze without problem at all.
    Try to activate the GPS 10 seconds before the APP, be sure to use the GPS and not AGPS
    Usually the agps is used on low consumption
  • Dominic L. #1933
    Dominic L. #1933 Posts: 726 ✭✭
    Options
    GPS works for me. Make sure your data network (APN settings) are working properly.
This discussion has been closed.