Cannot receive SMS?

Steeve D. #336
Steeve D. #336 Posts: 21 ✭✭
I'm unable to log into my coinbase account because I cannot receive SMS/Text message. I contacted them, they told me to reach out to my cell provider as they confirmed that the message is sent out

Answers

• Irene
    Irene Posts: 4,097 ✭✭
    The sms sent from website they do not work for all the company, is a well known problem.
  • Steeve D. #336
    Steeve D. #336 Posts: 21 ✭✭
    What can we do as a workaround?
  • Fizzy
    Fizzy Posts: 10,889 ✭✭

Until the problem is resolved, you will have to get an alternative method for notification.

Your coinbase account may be able to provide another method of contact, possibly via email or phone call.

They may also be able to SMS text to one of the free providers like TextNow or Fongo.

In the end, if the SM text is a must-have right now, you may have to switch carrier.

• David L. 18414
    David L. 18414 Posts: 1 ✭✭

Today, I was not able to receive text or calls. But I was able to send and make calls. The only thing that worked for me, was to get a new SIM card from Bell. Might not be related, But I did not try the disabling the Text SMS Service forwarding. I had to rebind each device after activating the new SIM card.

• Jerome H. #5154
    Jerome H. #5154 Posts: 2 ✭✭
    I have the same problem. Cannot log on my coinbase account. If this is not fixed soon this might be a dealbreaker. Also I was about to get a few friends to join but without a solution I don't think I will
This discussion has been closed.