Travel data plan meter won't update?

Options
Steve R. #3279
Steve R. #3279 Posts: 2 ✭✭
I bought a 500 Mb USA data plan. I've been in the USA for 48 hrs and on my Fizz account I still see 500/500 Mb and I'm 100% sure I've used some of the data. Looks like the meter won't update itself.
How do I know if everything works fine?
How can I be sure I'll not be overcharged?
Will data automatically stop working once I'll reach the 500 Mb limit?

Answers

• Ohthatvank
    Ohthatvank Posts: 86 ✭✭
    Options
    I think FIzz will send you a sms when you are near reaching your 500 Mb. YOu can also ask the Fizz costumer support to make sure with them that's everything is okay according to your plan.
  • Ryan B. #977
    Ryan B. #977 Posts: 93 ✭✭
    Options
    Ive noticed that is takes about 24 hours for the data meter to update for my usage, but since Fizz is prepaid you cannot be charged for overages as it will only use what you have paid for upfront unless you have added funds to your wallet. So to be sure it never uses extra service, only put money in your wallet if you're intending to pay per use some service.
  • Whizz
    Whizz Posts: 19,109 admin
    Options
    Hello Steve,
    Fizz is a prepaid service so therefore there are no extra charges unless you have funds in your wallet and you try to use services that are not included in your plan.
    Regarding the usage of your data, it was a known issue at Fizz that is solved. Rest assured, if you use all the data the service will interrupt automatically if you don't have money in wallet.
    -Bogdan