Answered question

Cannot connect to modem (invalid password) and 5G light on modem doesn't come on

I have tried entering the password on the back of the modem to connect to the wifi but I keep getting and invalid password message. Looking at the installation instruction pamphlet, it states in step 3 that a series of lights will appear on the modem. Make sure the match the image. On my modem, the 5G light is not illuminated.
Is the non-functional password and the lack of the 5G light connected some how?

Adam
Adam

Adam

User level
Level
25 / 100
5g light indicate if the 5Ghz network is activated. For the password you can try « password » or you can reset your modem pushing the pinhole button at the back then try the password on the back or « password »

Did you find this useful ?

No (0)

Yes (0)

0% of users found this answer useful

Other answers

grace
grace

grace

User level
Level
422 / 750
Doing a reset may solve the issue. If it can't, the initial setup from Fizz could not be good. Then you need to contact Fizz.

To reset modem, follow step 6 on this page

https://fizz.ca/en/faq/my-wi-fi-network-cutting-how-do-i-fix-it

You will return to out-of-the-box settings with default password and wifi-enabled.

And please, don't forget that sometime its the hardware that is faulty (defective)... you can have another one ship to you. Hope your problem is now solved

Adam
Adam

Adam

User level
Level
25 / 100
Thanks for all your help! I figured things out and the service is working great!

Adam
Adam

Adam

User level
Level
25 / 100
I used the Ethernet cable and plugged the modem directly into the computer. The Easy Connect page came up automatically. I changed the default password and was then able to connect to Wi-Fi using the new password.

Gally
Gally

Gally

User level
Level
292 / 750
Adam, Please comme back to your question, chose the best answer, this way it closed the topic. Thx