What happened to LTE?

I used to get LTE reception on Fizz, Huawei P20 Pro (unlocked, used to be with Koodo) until we had the major disruption on April 2nd. Since then, only 3G or 4G. I'm in Longueuil, south shore close to Montreal, 5 bars. As I said, I used to get LTE reception with Fizz. I've tried pulling out my SIM card, restarting countless times, airplane mode, to no avail. Download speed is 20mbps, upload 2.5mpbs. Please help!

Answers

• Allison W.
    Allison W. Posts: 1,272 ✭✭
    Huawei phones seem to have been blocked from LTE due to alledgedly causing problems on Fizz's network.
  • Chloé .
    Chloé . Posts: 33 ✭✭
    It's going to fix soon...i hope! Data is slow sometimes for me too but they're working on it and for that they lowered the price!
  • NYOTT
    NYOTT Posts: 8 ✭✭
    Your account has been throttled to 3G/H due to your Huawei phone. Switching phones will not help, unless you contact them and tell them you have a new phone. Then they may activate LTE for your account. As for your Huawei phone, there is no indication that LTE will restored after the stabilisation period. They are unfortunately no answers provided by Fizz.
  • Ryan B. #977
    Ryan B. #977 Posts: 93 ✭✭
    it seems they have blocked Huawei devices from connecting on LTE. It is a bit of a shame but if that's what they need to do to help stabilize the network, I'm glad I have an iPhone
This discussion has been closed.