Long distance

Silva
Silva Posts: 4 ✭✭
I tried to call a number in the US today. I don't have calls to the US included in my plan. I got a message saying that I cannot make the call. I was expecting to be able to call, but to pay extra for the long distance call.

Answers

• Silva
    Silva Posts: 4 ✭✭
    I don't understand. How about other countries ? What if I need to make a call to some other country in the future ? Normally, with all other operators I have had, I could call, but there were long distance charges. I don't make calls to the US often, but it may happen once a year.
  • Elie F. #3282
    Elie F. #3282 Posts: 42 ✭✭
    Fizz is a prepaid service so they won't charge you after you use it like other provider. You need to put money in your wallet to be able to call other country like the US
  • Chloé .
    Chloé . Posts: 33 ✭✭
    Like imane said,buy you an international
    call add-on!
  • Allison W.
    Allison W. Posts: 1,272 ✭✭
    As others have said, you need to pay in advance before you make a call, either via the wallet or an add on. There is no end of the month bill to pay with Fizz, so no bad surprises, but it does mean thinking ahead a bit too.
  • Kenny L. #23
    Kenny L. #23 Posts: 794 ✭✭
    If you need to make the odd phone call that is not included in your main plan, you need to add money to your wallet first. When you make the call, the cost of the call will be deducted from your wallet...similar to the pay as you go model. if you require frequent calls not included in your main plan, you may wish to look at the add-ons available for that country as it may likely be cheaper to buy an add-on than to pay per call.
  • Mike
    Mike Posts: 20,637 ✭✭
    Is a prepay service, therefore, the only way to pay for extra calls is to have money in your wallet
  • Ryan B. #977
    Ryan B. #977 Posts: 93 ✭✭
    You can just add money into your wallet and PAY AS YOU GO, or you can buy an addon.
This discussion has been closed.