Sim and account for kids watch?

Options
nadia Desgagne
nadia Desgagne Posts: 2 ✭✭
Hi, I have a mobile data plan with Fizz and I am looking to get a kids watch for my daughter. Can it be linked to my current account so the data is shared. Else, if i need a new plan would there be any recommended watch supported on the fizz network, i see lots of watch supports 2G networks but i guess that will not work with a fizz plan. Thanks for any help on that

Best Answers

• nadia Desgagne
    nadia Desgagne Posts: 2 ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Thanks for your answers. My daughter is 10 and i was thinking getting either a watch where i could reach her and she could make calls but there are many types going from 40$ to 1000$. Most of the ones i ve seen are using data on 2G networks and its an app that allows to make call using data but i ve seen some that you can actually use as a phone and you can reach her using her own phone number. So if anyone had experience with a watch in particular that works well would be great to know. Thanks again

Answers

• M T. #338
    M T. #338 Posts: 2,934 ✭✭
    Options
    Each sim card requires a separate plan so there is no sharing with Fizz.
    All devices used on Fizz network have to be compatible with Fizz network according to https://fizz.ca/en/faq/compatible-devices
  • Fizzy
    Fizzy Posts: 10,924 ✭✭
    Options

Here are a few points to ponder. What is the purpose of the cell plan and device?

- Is it for emergencies only? Fizz may not be the ideal go-to-plan during the stabilization period.

- Is she reponsible enough to carry a device? Since she is young, chances are good that the device could get lost or stolen.

- Where would it be used? Some schools ban such devices

• sweetie1974
    sweetie1974 Posts: 3 ✭✭
    Options

I did purchase my daughter a phone watch and everything was fine yesterday but today when I called its says that the customer is not available.... why?

This discussion has been closed.