Important notice you must read?

gremiobr
gremiobr Posts: 237 ✭✭
I just received:
We are implementing a stabilization period for our mobile services
We realize that your Fizz mobile experience hasn’t been up to standard over the course of the last few weeks, and for that, we are very sorry.
Launching a bold and different mobile service, and choosing to do so using innovative technology, entails a certain level of risk and complexity that we do not take lightly.
About the April 2, 2019, outage
We’ve detected a weakness in our mobile network infrastructure. Rest assured, a plan to replace this equipment is already in place.
All necessary resources are mobilized to address the situation as quickly as possible, but this stabilization period may take a few months.
What can you expect?
As seen over the last few months, long periods of stability may be interrupted by a few technical hiccups, and other outages are also a possibility.
For example:
Interrupted connection for unknown periods of time.
Intermittent or slow service.
A few missed texts or dropped calls.

Compensation: reduced and extended introductory prices
To compensate for the annoyances caused by the instability of the network and potential outages to come, we are offering you an additional temporary rebate of 10%, and this, for a minimum of three (3) months, applicable to the introductory price you were about to migrate to at your next payment cycle. It will be added to the rebate already in place with our introductory prices, thus totaling a savings of approximately 30% on our future prices.
These new prices will come into effect at your next payment cycle starting after April 12, 2019. No other timely compensation will be offered during the stabilization period.
These new prices will soon be posted on our website. In the meantime, you can consult them here, along with answers to other questions you may have.
Regular prices will only be applied once the network has been stabilized, and tested over the course of several weeks. You will be notified of any change one month in advance.

Home Internet: all is good
The intervention to address the instability of our mobile network has no impact on our Home Internet service. The service is working well, and you can therefore pursue your online activities with your mind at ease.

Answers

• Kovid
    Kovid Posts: 588 ✭✭
    Thanks, Gabriel for the update.
    I really appreciate the fact that Fizz is providing some explanation.
    I think they deserve our support (at least mine) despite the hiccups.
  • Ohthatvank
    Ohthatvank Posts: 86 ✭✭
    Thanks for the head-up!
  • IsE
    IsE Posts: 107 ✭✭

Regular prices will only be applied once the network has been stabilized, and tested over the course of several weeks. You will be notified of any change one month in advance.

• 11kirby
    11kirby Posts: 4 ✭✭
    What about this: "What will happen to my price after the stabilization period?
    At that point, regular prices will come into effect. You’ll be happily surprised by these once the stabilization period has come to an end. You will be notified of any change one month in advance."
    I still want to pay the launch prices like Fizz promised.
This discussion has been closed.