Answered question

Status of our services April 2, 2019 (Resolved)

April 2, 2019 5:30 p.m. - Service has now been completely re-established. Your phone should automatically reconnect to the network within the next few minutes, if not please proceed with a restart of the device. Fizz apologizes for the inconvenience this may have caused you.

April 2, 2019 3:45 p.m. - Some members have started to see their service come back. Our teams are pursuing their efforts to solve the situation as soon as possible for all our members.

April 2, 2019 11:15 a.m. - Fizz is aware that some of its members cannot use their mobile services. The issue has been identified and a dedicated team is currently working to address it. As soon as we have any significant development to communicate to you, we’ll post an update.  

Fizz apologizes for the inconvenience this may be causing you. 

April 2, 2019 9:40 a.m. - We noticed some instabilities on our network, which would explain why some members cannot use their services. We're currently investigating to pinpoint the cause as soon as possible. 

April 2, 2019 5:30 p.m. - Service has now been completely re-established. Your phone should automatically reconnect to the network within the next few minutes, if not please proceed with a restart of the device. Fizz apologizes for the inconvenience this may have caused you.

Did you find this useful ?

No (0)

Yes (0)

0% of users found this answer useful

Other answers

Aditya Bhatia
Aditya Bhatia

Aditya Bhatia

User level
Level
21 / 100
Hopefully some more free data to come!

jayv
jayv

jayv

User level
Level
32 / 100
It took you 2 hours to even acknowledge the network problem to start with!

This is unacceptable. I should have stayed with my previous provider. Now, I'll have to crawl back on my hands and knees and beg for my old plan back.

Clive Packer
Clive Packer

Clive Packer

User level
Level
62 / 100
Completely unacceptable to have two all day outages in less than 2 weeks. And this looks like it will be another all day outage. Offering free data is an insult. It doesn't cost Fizz anything and we all chose plans with enough data in them anyway, so it doesn't benefit us. A free month of service is the minimum I'm going to accept to even consider staying with Fizz. I suggest all customers ask for this and if we don't get it, complain to the CCTS here. https://www.ccts-cprst.ca.

Loic Buisson
Loic Buisson

Loic Buisson

User level
Level
21 / 100
for real, i have people to find man... you can't just drop service on a dime like that...

Hadi
Hadi

Hadi

User level
Level
22 / 100
That's it, I'm changing companies. Fizz isn't worth it anymore. I need my phone first and foremost for calls, and if it can't do that when I need it most then paying for it is pure lunacy.

Katia
Katia

Katia

User level
Level
126 / 750
Hey Fizz.
You seem to be in poor health, man. Perhaps it's time to take yourself back to beta stage, run some tests, and heal up before you launch for real. This is now twice within the span of a month that you are totally out of commission.
Maybe you could consider crediting all your users back half the cost of their monthly service...especially as this is happening frequently at this stage.
Get well soon, but get yourself together and figure out a real solution. This is getting to be too much. Your clients want to like you -- we really do -- but it's becoming harder to believe your self-diagnosis. You're not well. Admit it.

Let's see how long before the service is back up....
They should still in BETA ... I made the mistake of moving 3 service to them to save some money :(

I dont get how they can mess this so bad given that Videotron has a STABLE Network and all the expertise they can access !

Loic Buisson
Loic Buisson

Loic Buisson

User level
Level
21 / 100
so many people have the outage? is it only in quebec? i hope its not 100% of people?
im glad I didnt have anything important today because i would have been screwed big time

Yong Li
Yong Li

Yong Li

User level
Level
11 / 100
i shall change operator, 25 mars,2 avril....

Pierre Attie
Pierre Attie

Pierre Attie

User level
Level
11 / 100
no service from 9 am today this is the second time in less than one month and the word apologizes ,apologizes is not give as a service ?????

Russell Taylor
Russell Taylor

Russell Taylor

User level
Level
34 / 100
I'm sure CBC's MarketPlace would be a good place to air this problem. It seems that we are being treated as consumers, not customers. We should be told why this happened, and what they are doing to prevent this happening again. I suspect they are overloaded with new customers and don't have enough capacity.

Jeremy Letourneau
Jeremy Letourneau

Jeremy Letourneau

User level
Level
11 / 100
Happens too often. Will it become reliable? Because im getting sick of this. Hope it wont be all day long this time.

Amy
Amy

Amy

User level
Level
13 / 100
Why don't you compensate by discounting or payback i/o give us extra data which some of people don't need but everyone needs money.

Elizabeth Carrier
Elizabeth Carrier

Elizabeth Carrier

User level
Level
12 / 100
At first, I could understand that we might have some service outage while we were on the beta price. However, the end of the beta has officially been announced and we're paying full price for a service that is not reliable. Once again today, I've had some important calls to make today that I couldn't make... Some of us rely on cellular network to work...

The solution that Fizz came up with last time was to gift us 2GB of data, which we all probably don't need... it does not give us back our lost day of work, Fizz should go back to beta and prolong the beta price again if it is still going through so many instabilities. I am seriously considering quitting the service with the state of things right now...

Aditya Bhatia
Aditya Bhatia

Aditya Bhatia

User level
Level
21 / 100
The network seems to be back online now.

Catherine E
Catherine E

Catherine E

User level
Level
232 / 750
some instabilities, some members, some crooks!

Normster
Normster

Normster

User level
Level
444 / 750
What’s the latest update ?
3pm and still no service in Montreal,
Fizz isn't updating there service status page ?

Catherine E
Catherine E

Catherine E

User level
Level
232 / 750
Is this Goodbye?
You unsubscribed from Fizz on April 2, 2019 .

Your last day as a Fizz member being April 28, 2019 .

Keep your Fizz SIM card. Should you ever wish to come back, we’ll welcome you with open arms. Everything you need to know to reactivate your plan can be found in our Solution Hub.

Michael Pond
Michael Pond

Michael Pond

User level
Level
53 / 100
This is getting brutal. Full outage here for me and 3 of my friends in Ottawa.....