Answered question

Status of our services

Due to the high volume of traffic on our website and to better accommodate you, we will use this post to continue in updating you on the status of our services.

Thank you for your understanding.

March 25, 2019 - 7:45 am We noticed some instabilities on our network, which would explain why some members cannot use their mobile services. We’re currently investigating to pinpoint the cause as soon as possible.

March 25, 2019 - 9:45 am: Fizz is aware that some of its members cannot use their mobile services. The issue has been identified and a dedicated team is currently working to address it. Fizz apologizes for the inconvenience this may be causing you.

March 25, 2019 - 10:45 am: All our teams have been mobilized and are working relentlessly to address the situation. Fizz apologizes for the inconvenience this may be causing you.

March 25, 2019 - 11:45 am: We’re still on it and working hard to get everything back to normal as soon as possible. Thank you for your continued patience.

March 25, 2019 - 12:45 pm: We’re still on it and working hard to get everything back to normal as soon as possible. Thank you for your continued patience.

March 25, 2019 - 1:45 pm: We’re still on it and working hard to get everything back to normal as soon as possible. Thank you for your continued patience.

March 25, 2019 - 2:45 pm: We’re still on it and working hard to get everything back to normal as soon as possible. Thank you for your continued patience.

March 25, 2019 - 4:25 pm: Fizz.ca is now fully functional and we're continuing to work hard to restore mobile services as quickly as possible. Rest assured we’re doing everything possible to get you up and running again. We thank you for your continued patience.

March 25, 2019 - 5:25 pm: We are still at it. Rest assured that we are working relentlessly to fix the situation. We thank you for your patience.

March 25, 2019 - 7:25 pm: All our efforts are currently dedicated to solving this issue. We understand that your mobile services are an important means of communication for you. Please know that we are working intensively to solve this situation as soon as possible, regardless of the time of day.

March 25, 2019 - 9:20 pm: Some members have started to see their service come back. Our teams are pursuing their efforts to solve the situation as soon as possible for all our members.

March 25, 2019 - 22:55 pm: Service has now been completely re-established. Your phone should automatically reconnect to the network within the next few minutes, if not please proceed with a restart of the device. Fizz apologizes for the inconvenience this may have caused you.

March 26, 2019 - 16:00 p.m. All Fizz members who were impacted by yesterday's outage will receive on April 9, 2019, 2 GB of mobile data per plan offered as part of the My Rewards program. You will receive a detailed email message if concerned. Again, please accept our sincerest apologies.

Whizz
Whizz

Whizz

User level
Level
5000 / 5000
Whizz
Whizz

Whizz

User level
Level
5000 / 5000

Hi Community - All Fizz members who were impacted by yesterday's outage will receive on April 9, 2019, 2 GB of mobile data per plan offered as part of the My Rewards program. You will receive a detailed email message if concerned. Again, please accept our sincerest apologies.

Fizz

Did you find this useful ?

No (0)

Yes (0)

0% of users found this answer useful

Other answers

Leifuer
Leifuer

Leifuer

User level
Level
2886 / 5000
....Still pending...

Dallaire_M
Dallaire_M

Dallaire_M

User level
Level
1831 / 2000
Thank you Fizz for keeping us informed !

Might I suggest using your twitter feed for status updates as well? Especially if you want to avoid us hammering the website...

Edit: Also, the times posted in the status updates, they're EDT or CDT?

Mike
Mike

Mike

User level
Level
5000 / 5000
Probably will be a good idea du stop the opening of new posts

Barry
Barry

Barry

User level
Level
416 / 750
How about an explanation about how these outages occur? Not sure you can justify ending intro pricing/beta when things like this happen too frequently (not to mention the other lingering issues--2FA, missing SMS, etc)

Mike
Mike

Mike

User level
Level
5000 / 5000
I would like to suggest to close the creation of new message

Fizzy
Fizzy

Fizzy

User level
Level
5000 / 5000
Thanks for updating us here.

Fizz mobile service is completely down for me. Can make emergency calls only. Roaming doesn't work either.

Luckily I keep a 2nd mobile line as backup with another provider. It's pretty reliable, also prepaid, similar to Fizz. I hope Fizz improves soon.

Russell Taylor
Russell Taylor

Russell Taylor

User level
Level
34 / 100
Your last three updates look like a Copy and Paste job. Need to do better than that

Dallaire_M
Dallaire_M

Dallaire_M

User level
Level
1831 / 2000
@Mike good idea to stop opening new post on the Forum

Can you please give us more information than we're still working on the issue? What exactly happened and why? Is the parent company Videotron, lending a hand? This is not a small outage, this is a system wide outage for longer than 7 hours. Transparency would be appreciated.

Thanks

Guangmao
Guangmao

Guangmao

User level
Level
33 / 100
It was back for about 30 seconds,show Fizz but no signal bar

Dragos Vieru
Dragos Vieru

Dragos Vieru

User level
Level
135 / 750
8 hours and counting... It becomes ridiculous... Sad when you depend on this kind of service.

Rostyslav Tsarov
Rostyslav Tsarov

Rostyslav Tsarov

User level
Level
43 / 100
Thanks for update. But phrase "we are working on it" without ETA and any other details...... When to expect network back ?

MRA
MRA

MRA

User level
Level
899 / 2000
Thanks for updating us

Nina Kun
Nina Kun

Nina Kun

User level
Level
24 / 100
C'est grand problem , pourquoi ne peut pas réparer, ca fait longtemps.

Irene Iliopoulos
Irene Iliopoulos

Irene Iliopoulos

User level
Level
31 / 100
I really hope if this ever happens again we won't have to wait 8+ hours for a resolution. Some of us rely pretty heavily on our phones. Access to a paid service is far more important than a lower price

LOL im reading ppl want to go to bell ! rogers

GO right ahead ! ( 60-70-80-90$ + a month ) SLOW CLAP for the big babies

1 bad day

ill still stick with fizz at half the price

Melyssa St-Hilaire
Melyssa St-Hilaire

Melyssa St-Hilaire

User level
Level
45 / 100
More transparency about what exactly is going on may actually save you a few customers. As it is, the 3 people I referred had important calls to make/receive today (myself as well). They want to switch back to a reliable provider now, and I'm considering the move back as well. Never had any issues with Koodo in 5 years of being with them. This is the 3rd or 4th major outing in just a few months. I am not a happy customer. If a squirrel climbed into your optic fiber connection box, now is the time to let us know...

Paul
Paul

Paul

User level
Level
94 / 100
For those having issues and wanting to switch company, I'd recommend checking out public mobile. They have very similar prices, and they actually provide a RELIABLE service.

Jacky Lieu
Jacky Lieu

Jacky Lieu

User level
Level
364 / 750
@Marco Pagliaro completely agree with Marco lol , go ahead and go to Bell. I had Home phone + fibe tv + fibe 300 internet , i asked them to give me a better price for the cellphone, they basically told me to F.O. , customer service litterally told me this : Bell mobility does not give good deals because we offer superior service and quality. If you want cheaper plans, feel free to go to koodoo or fido which gives lower tier service. 6GB data would run me around 62$+tx. I'm getting 35$+tx for 8GB since i got in early, try to beat that. 

If you have important calls or do business with your phone, you shoulnt go with a new introductory phone companies in the first place.

jean-maxime
jean-maxime

jean-maxime

User level
Level
2604 / 5000
I'm laughing so hard at people who have company or need there phone so much (like on call job) who got Fizz. Go back with Bell ,Rogers and Telus and leave this community.

We're here for info on the situation , so let's wait and see.

Hussain Mohammed Ali
Hussain Mohammed Ali

Hussain Mohammed Ali

User level
Level
194 / 750
thx for the update. But as few said a little more transparency would be nice. It would be good to have more detail on what happen. I taught fizz was part of videotron. so a little more detail and maybe an eta would be helpful. as everyone I am annoyed to I miss important call, interview so if i was to reschedule would be nice to know an eta if it today or tommorow or never.