Anyone else have issues with android?

Strax
Strax Posts: 1 ✭✭
I'm constantly having issues with my Samsung S8+ and Fizz's network feautres (connectivity, LTE, SMS, MMS). My wife and I both have Fizz. She uses an Iphone6 with very minimal issue. Before you direct be in the APN setting page, please note I've done it all. It took me 2 days to finally get my device to work with Fizz network. The final piece of the puzzle was to do a complete phone wipe as there were handshake issues going from Public mobile to fizz ( I assume).
Firstly, I'm glad it's my phone and not my wifes..... Parise Jesus because I'm the one with patience! ... most of the time.
MOST RECENTLY, ISSUES MARCH 25 2019- Keep in mind I'm aware there is an issue with the network (I've attached their msgs below).
Currently, I need to reset my device to get 2 min of LTE. Once my device registers with the network, my LTE drops and I have no other functions working. Don't we all love $1300 paper weights?
My wife is on her iphone and has full LTE abilities while I'm in the dark but, also like me, she has no cell functions (calling,SMS,MMS). This denial of service is very hard to swallow.
FROM FIZZ can be found at -
https://fizz.ca/en/faq/status-services
March 25, 2019 - 7:45 am We noticed some instabilities on our network, which would explain why some members cannot use their mobile services. We’re currently investigating to pinpoint the cause as soon as possible.
March 25, 2019 - 9:45 am: Fizz is aware that some of its members cannot use their mobile services. The issue has been identified and a dedicated team is currently working to address it. Fizz apologizes for the inconvenience this may be causing you.
March 25, 2019 - 10:45 am: All our teams have been mobilized and are working relentlessly to address the situation. Fizz apologizes for the inconvenience this may be causing you.

Answers

• Malcolm S.
    Malcolm S. Posts: 15 ✭✭
    That sounds like the same issue my daughter has on her ASUS android phone.
    I also am on android, motorola phone though, and it works fine?
    We never had these problems on our previous network.
  • Whizz
    Whizz Posts: 18,815 admin
    Hi Strax,
    We do apologize for the network outage from Monday that affected some of our users.
    If you're still experiencing issues with our network, please contact us in private by chat or Facebook messenger, in order to be able to help you further. Here you have the info: https://fizz.ca/en/contact-us.
    Have a great day!
    Radu
This discussion has been closed.