Unanswered question

To everyone who asks about the network down today?

Im not on Fizz side but its been 4-5 months since the 1st time we had network problems. It'll be fixed soon , you are not the only one. I do understand it sucks especially if your work requires LTE. 

Since Fizz is about Virtual service, you guys should get used to using Status network https://fizz.ca/en/faq/status-services  and do your own research instead of asking same question over and over again. I think i saw this question at least 50 times. If you guys keep complaining about problems like this without even doing your own research, i don't think Fizz is for you. JMHO. 

Jacky Lieu
Jacky Lieu

Jacky Lieu

User level
Level
364 / 750
Answers

Jacky Lieu
Jacky Lieu

Jacky Lieu

User level
Level
364 / 750
It is not as simple as you think when it comes to large scale technical problems. Two reasons why they don't give estimates :
1. The possibility to not be able to meet the estimated time due to a large scale tech problem
2. Avoid any complaints / angry mobs if estimated time is not met.

For me, mobile service is completely down. Some areas like Ottawa still working.

Fizz must be doing a reset. Roaming doesn't work either now.

At least Fizz is posting updates to keep us informed every hour.

Check here for status updates: https://fizz.ca/en/faq/status-services

I keep a 2nd mobile line as backup with another provider. It's been pretty reliable also prepaid, similar to Fizz. I hope Fizz improves soon.

Jaquesdoo
Jaquesdoo

Jaquesdoo

User level
Level
34 / 100
I am not complaining. Just need to know what’s going on. And they don’t have that statues huperlink on their website

Dan
Dan

Dan

User level
Level
26 / 100
now getting a 503 error on the status-service page link. Fizz should use a CDN like cloudflare for that page. Just sayin'......

Mike
Mike

Mike

User level
Level
5000 / 5000
the page is not the biggest problem

Mike
Mike

Mike

User level
Level
5000 / 5000
The page is up again

Jacky Lieu
Jacky Lieu

Jacky Lieu

User level
Level
364 / 750
works for me now, im located in Brossard / Southshore. LTE is online. Didn't have to restart my phone, it just went on by itself.

Eugene To
Eugene To

Eugene To

User level
Level
23 / 100
Hey Jacky, stop hogging the network :P

Jay Kenney
Jay Kenney

Jay Kenney

User level
Level
43 / 100
Jacky, I don't think this kind of network instability is warranted. Fizz needs to be held accountable. If they're still in beta and testing their network fine but don't charge us full price to have a network outage for going on 8 hours.

Side note: this is not the first time I've had issues in 4-5 months. It seems like there are outages for me every second week.

Ibrahim AlMohimeed
Ibrahim AlMohimeed

Ibrahim AlMohimeed

User level
Level
32 / 100
they could just send an email regarding the problem.

Alex
Alex

Alex

User level
Level
890 / 2000
Network is down for me too. They better fix this soon or they will be losing a lot of new customers.

Mike
Mike

Mike

User level
Level
5000 / 5000
They are finally back and running

Gabriela Benitez
Gabriela Benitez

Gabriela Benitez

User level
Level
22 / 100
I'm finding that the LTE for me is still not working.

Ibrahim AlMohimeed
Ibrahim AlMohimeed

Ibrahim AlMohimeed

User level
Level
32 / 100
You have to reset the data configuration again.

Go to your account -> My plans -> Manage plan -> Advanced Parameters -> Fizz network parameters -> Resend me the notifications.
Follow the instructions.

If didn’t work, you can set manually:
APN: mobile.bm
MMSC: http://mms.mobile.bm
MMS proxy: mmsproxy.mobile.bm
MMS port: 80
APN type: default,mms,supl