Answered question

Modem rebooting regularly

Hello

Installed Fizz modem this week. It reboots on its own on a regular basis.
I have the Hitron modem. Model CODA-4680
I logged in the status and see uptime is 1 minute, so I know for sure it rebooted.
Modem temperature looks fine.
I am typically an advanced user, but dont see any advanced logs...
This happens multiple times a day. Ssid dissapears when rebooting, so family complains internet is unstable.
Wondering if I got a bad modem. Seamed brand new when I got it.
Can Fizz support assist?

Annabelle Garneau
Annabelle Garneau

Annabelle Garneau

User level
Level
34 / 100
MT

MT

User level
Level
5000 / 5000
You may try to reset to factory to see if it helps (cusadmin default password at reset is : password )

Did you find this useful ?

No (0)

Yes (0)

0% of users found this answer useful

Other answers

It seems like you have a faulty modem. My friend had one, contacted Fizz and they had a technician come and replace it. Ever since then, it's been smooth sailing.
There have been several bad units reported here in the past.
Good luck !

Also, since you are an advanced user, have you tried splitting the dualband and changing channels to reduce conflicts ? I don't know if that will prevent the modem from restarting but you can give it a try.
Your modem might also be overheating (happens when people forget to remove the plastic covers and not put the modem upright).

How many devices do you have connected on your modem ? Could you try disconnecting all devices except one, and see if the modem responds better ? Too much traffic could cause a shutdown. Have you also looked into bandwidth allocation, unusual large downloads / uploads ? Could be viruses causing the shutdown, happened with my old modem.

If the modem reboots by itself it may be due to your power bar, try a new power bar or contact fizz through messenger in order to obtain technical help. It could be your modem is faulty as well

Annabelle Garneau
Annabelle Garneau

Annabelle Garneau

User level
Level
34 / 100
Trying to address all questions / comments provided.
The modem / router is plugged into a power bar. The other device on the power bar is not resetting. So its not power.
I had already unplugged waited and plugged back. Modem still rebooted.
Modem reboots intermittently, but only a couple times a day. Not every minute. So its usable but annoying when my boy looses his online game.
Factory reset is most likely the next thing I will try.
Doing dual band should help with communication issues related to other devices, but should not cause a router to reboot.
Modem is not hot. Plastics are all removed. Nothing on or around the modem.
I was doing a lot of upload (backup to cloud) when the modem rebooted. But that should not cause a modem to reboot.
Having multiple devices connected to a router should not cause a router to reboot.
The SSID is a seperate question. Router is working, just reboots a couple times a day.
For now I set Wireless network 2.4 Ghz to 802.11g only. It should not have any effect on a router reboot.
So far up for 16 hours.
Will wait and see if it reboots again.
So next step is to try a factory reset and contact support if it reoccurs.