Coverage questions?

There are three colors on the MAP, a dark green for a subscription area, a light pink for a coverage area, and a grey for nothing.
1. If I were to choose the Canada coverage plan and I were to travel outside the green subscription area into the pink do I pay anything extra or just my regular bill?
(I assume however you answer this is how it works for USA as well)

Answers

• M T. #338
    M T. #338 Posts: 2,934 ✭✭
    You don't have to pay extra and it's included ( with restriction https://fizz.ca/en/faq/partner-networks
    ) only in Canada ( US is not included )
    In order to use your phone in US you need Canada + US coverage
  • kobray
    kobray Posts: 98 ✭✭
    No extra fees!
  • ReneD
    ReneD Posts: 1,809 ✭✭
    No extra fee at Fizz!
    If you are out of your plan coverage, you just wont have phone services, unless you have money in your wallet, which I strongly do not recommend, or you have bought an add-on for the zone you're in.
    So, if you have a Canada wide plan, it does not matter wetter you are in a pink or green area and you
    can feel safe about allowing data rooming at all time, you will never have to spend extra money, ever!
    But, if you exceed 50% of use in any the pink area for 3 consecutive months, Fizz might suspend your account.
    As for the grey areas, it only mean that there is no cell signal available from any provider.
    Chizz :))
  • Adam A. #3745
    Adam A. #3745 Posts: 30 ✭✭
    As long as it's included in your plan, you won't have any surprise fees. Typically, when roaming, it'll charge you a fee to roam at most companies, however to my understanding, Fizz will simply send you a text message notifying you that you're outside the coverage area and will propose that you get a travel plan.
  • Lopresor
    Lopresor Posts: 257 ✭✭
    @Adam Abitbol, if OP has a Canada + US plan, I don't think the roaming applies since technically he will still be the in the covered zone. I doubt he will receive a notification about roaming either.
  • Adam A. #3745
    Adam A. #3745 Posts: 30 ✭✭
    @Lopresor, sorry, I didn't mean if he's on the canada + US he'd get a text, I meant if he was on the normal Quebec only or Canada only.
  • Lopresor
    Lopresor Posts: 257 ✭✭
    @Adam Abitbol, Oh I see, no problem. In that case yeah obviously he would be roaming and chargges will incur.
    @OP, have your question been answered ? If so, you can choose the best answer and end the discussion.
    Have a great day.
  • Victor Azzi
    Victor Azzi Posts: 5 ✭✭
    No extra fees. Everything is prepaid, so if you end up going somewhere that isn’t covered you will simply lose service, not be charged extra.
This discussion has been closed.