Internet - modem issues or configuration?

Vasilee
Vasilee Posts: 2 ✭✭
Hi, I just subscribed to home internet. The tech came, hooked up the modem and everything worked fine for approx. half an hour. The internet stopped working completely after that and none of my devices can connect to wifi.
Both a reset and a factory reset did not help. There is no wifi connectivity & cannot log into the 192.168.0.1 address on a wired connection. The app cannot connect to modem. Fizz says I need to check my connections (they’re fine) and says they might charge me 60$ for a tech to look at the issue.
After a reset, only the power light is on (solid). After about ten mins, the 2.4 & 5ghz lights turn on (solid) and there is still no wifi connectivity. No other lights are on.
What am I overlooking?
Thanks!

Answers

• M T. #338
    M T. #338 Posts: 2,934 ✭✭
    When Coda is reset to factory the password is also changed to default : password
  • Leifuer
    Leifuer Posts: 496 ✭✭
    Have a look at this:

https://community.fizz.ca/questions/1907026-fyi-home-internet-feedback-issue

if it helps, thanks for kudo~
  • Vasilee
    Vasilee Posts: 2 ✭✭
    Thank you all for your answers and suggestions! As I’ve had to share with fizz multiple times over Facebook, I’m a 100% certain it’s the modem.
    It was finally arranged for a tech to come... but videotron ‘no-showed’ for the 3rd time since the original install.
    Getting another appointment is not going well at all using Fizz’s Facebook page. Unfortunately, I’m still without internet since the original install.
    I hope I’m one of the few... but I’m definitely not impressed.
This discussion has been closed.