Answered question

Snow bird coverage?

I share my time between Montreal and Florida. Can I use my Canada US plan while in Florida for 6 months a year?

Danielle Malka
Danielle Malka

Danielle Malka

User level
Level
1 / 100
point

No. You can not. Read your agreement. It says your plan should be mainly use in the zone. It is okay for occasionally use outside. If you use for 6 months, Fizz will terminate your plan because they do not allow people to do so.

Did you find this useful ?

No (0)

Yes (0)

0% of users found this answer useful

Other answers

Mike
Mike

Mike

User level
Level
5000 / 5000
The maximum allowed is 3 month outside your normal use

GyslainH
GyslainH

GyslainH

User level
Level
1896 / 2000
Nope Buy a US sim instead

Its much cheaper to get a US line with a Canadian coverage I hear people got line with internet for 100$ a year works in canada perfectly the only thing is that you will have a US number

R1ck_D
R1ck_D

R1ck_D

User level
Level
1561 / 2000
Get the ''Straight Talk'' @ $45 USD Unlimited Talk, Text and Data 30 Day Plan (with 25GB LTE, then 2G*) from Walmard ... Cant beat that. Change your Sim card. No contract prepaid ....

ThomasK
ThomasK

ThomasK

User level
Level
5000 / 5000
You need buy a t-mobile sim instead, which works both in USA & Canada. Just turn off t-mobile sim data when you're in Canada side.

Unfortunately, you can't be 6 months long away from Videotron / Fizz network. You can read about it on the service agreements.

I would also strongly suggest you choose a pay-per-use service from a reseller like Public Mobile if you are spending half a year every year away from here, and use a pay-per-use service in Florida. It will come off cheaper in the long run.

Good luck !

Sergio
Sergio

Sergio

User level
Level
3630 / 5000
Sorry maximum 3 months out of your base coverage