Unanswered question

Slow transfer speed for USB attached drive ?

I attached my 3TB USB hard drive to my Fizz router but I'm getting very slow transfer speeds of only 1MBps. I tried accessing the drive from both a Win 7 and a Win 10 PC but I'm getting the same slow speed. I figured it should be able to transfer at least 10MBps considering the specs of the Fizz router. Anyone have experience getting faster speed out of this router ?

Alan Roth
Alan Roth

Alan Roth

User level
Level
63 / 100
Answers

Mike
Mike

Mike

User level
Level
5000 / 5000
The USB 3 is 640MBps the USB2 is 60Mbps therefore you are too slow.
Are you connected in WiFi or ethernet?

Lopresor
Lopresor

Lopresor

User level
Level
2201 / 5000
What type of USB hard drive do you have attached ? You need to find out what's causing the bottleneck and in your case, I believe it's your hard drive.

Do you have a USB 3 usb stick ? Or a different USB 2.0 usb stick ? You can try plugging in another drive to single out the problem.

Good luck :)

Olivier
Olivier

Olivier

User level
Level
11 / 100
I stumbled here looking for an answer to that same issue. I have a 3TB USB3 external harddrive hooked up to the modem and I can only get a speed of 930KB/s when transfering a 1GB file to it.

I used to have a DLINK DIR-865 router with a similar USB3 plug for an external hard drive and I was getting a transfer speed of 11MB/s with the same 3TB hard drive.

I mean that plug on the back of the modem really is USB3, right? It does say so on the Hitron CODA-4680 web page.

I guess I should upload the hard drive content to cloud storage then? The upload speed it faster than 930KB/s