save previous number

Options
Tanin R.
Tanin R. Posts: 3 ✭✭
Hi
I am a student and I have a Videotron sim cart, while I am going to change it to Fizz.
I tried to order a new sim card, but I did not see any option for saving my previous number.
In which step can I put my previous number?
I would be so appreciative if you help me?

Answers

• M T. #338
    M T. #338 Posts: 2,934 ✭✭
    Options
  • David G. 8208
    David G. 8208 Posts: 63 ✭✭
    Options
    Also to clarify... when you order the SIM card you can just order the SIM. Then once you have it, you activate it, and at the choose your number step, you have a choice of pick a new number, search for a new number, or port a number from another provider. You will then enter your existing phone number and account number from Videotron, and choose Videotron from the drop down list.
  • Sebastien
    Sebastien Posts: 2,127 ✭✭
    Options
    You'll see, when you'll active your sim card. Follow the steps. You'll see an option to transfer a phone number or order a new one. You'll need you're phone IMEI (settings/about this phone), your Videotron account number and of course the phone number you need to transfer. After, you'll confirm your plan, and your referal code to have your 25$ referal bonus (use PL7AB if you don't have one, so we will save 25$ each other). I will suggest to change your APN settings first, then put your Fizz SIM card and reboot you're phone, so you'll got all notifications for VM activation, the push for APN settings, etc.
    It could take between 2 minutes to 2 hours to see the transfer completed. It took 1:30 for me.
  • Kovid
    Kovid Posts: 588 ✭✭
    Options
    You will have this option when you are subscribing not when you are ordering your sim card. When you get you some card, go ahead and activate it. During the activation process, you will be offered to keep or port your existing number.
This discussion has been closed.