Few issues regarding address book, MMS and US number?

Caitlynn B.
Caitlynn B. Posts: 6 ✭✭
Hey guys,
Hopefully you all could help me. I'm having a few issues with my new Fizz account. They're minor issues but I'd like to have them resolved. I have a Samsung S8.
1) When I open my address book, under the "Me" contact, where it's supposed to show my phone number, it shows my referral's number. Not mine.
2) Can't receive any MMS messages. I can receive text ones okay, but no MMS.
3) My 438 Montreal area code shows as a US location. When I call someone else, on their caller ID it says "United States." When a Montrealer calls me from their landline, it prompts the message "This is a long distance number, please press 1 if you want to continue."

Answers

• Caitlynn B.
    The address book was never touched, i haven't added any contacts. On the S8 once i inserted the SIM card it automatically configured my number for me and it put it as my referral's number. It's not something I could change.
    However, I just downloaded the APN parameters and it seems to have fixed all 3 issues. Very interesting! Thanks for your help!
  • Caitlynn B.
    Scratch that, the US issue isn't fixed yet. I'll have to speak to Fizz.
  • redhead
    redhead Posts: 818 ✭✭
    Someone else (Alain) had similar issue. Here is what he found out:
    I just found in my setting there is SERVER and there is MULTIMEDIA SERVER . So I wrote the information in the wrong box for the APN setting . now its working correctly
    (Source: https://community.fizz.ca/questions/1918022-mms-data-problem)
  • Kovid
    Kovid Posts: 588 ✭✭
    It might be just a display issue. I also have a display issue on my account. You need to go to your account and carefully check if all the information reflects your subscription. A chat with Fizz will fix display issues only on your next payment cycle.
This discussion has been closed.