What if I already activated my sim card, now I want to port-in my previous phone num er ?

What if I already activated my sim card fizz and now I want to port-in my previous phone number ?

Answers

• M T. #338
    M T. #338 Posts: 2,934 ✭✭
    You need to buy a new sim card and port your number over
  • Angelique J. #3339
    Angelique J. #3339 Posts: 3 ✭✭
    I am a new customer and I need to buy another new sim card to get my previous phone number ? Why do you mot sens me one free ?
  • M T. #338
    M T. #338 Posts: 2,934 ✭✭
    Please note that you're in Fizz user forum.
    If you want to contact Fizz you can initiate a "chat" by opening a help page (exemple https://fizz.ca/en/faq/im-unable-log-my-fizz-account-what-do-i-do )
  • It is too late, you will need to get a new sim card.
  • Angelique J. #3339
    Angelique J. #3339 Posts: 3 ✭✭
    Why do I need a new sim card to port in my phone #? Will I have to pay for a new plan too ?
  • Ryan L. #885
    Ryan L. #885 Posts: 5 ✭✭
    Like others said, you need a new sim to port in. However, another option is to deactivate your current Fizz plan, then reactivate it. During the reactivation process, you can port in your number on the existing SIM.
    I just did that last night.. only snag I had is my activation isn't fully complete (might be specific to my account though).
  • Ryan L. #885
    Ryan L. #885 Posts: 5 ✭✭
    I assume that question was directed to me, @Kevin.
    Back in November, I signed up for Fizz and took one of their numbers. I wanted to test out the service. I ended up cancelling before the 15 days, and got a full refund. Fast forward to last night, I decided to reactivate (looked like issues I had are now resolved), so I had a new sim card, assuming I'd need it to reactivate. However, that wasn't the case, I logged back in, clicked Reactivate (it still had my original fizz provided number), and it auto-filled my old SIM activation code, I reselected my plan, then it asked if I wanted to port in a number (or take one of theirs). Just did the port there, next was credit card, then Summary Page. Afterwhich, my koodo number was ported over the existing sim I had back from November.
  • kamurb
    kamurb Posts: 58 ✭✭
    If you are not fully activated your sim and I you have not chosen the new number, then you can port the old number. Try with Fizz chat..
  • DinoS
    DinoS Posts: 626 ✭✭
    You can simply buy other sim and port in to that sim, and gift all your data to this new sim, then cancel old sim.
This discussion has been closed.