Not sure if i'm reading this wrong, but what does a disability have to do with data usage?

Chris P. #37
Chris P. #37 Posts: 141 ✭✭
Here is an exert of the Monthly service agreement :
4.1. Mobile service guarantee
In addition, to qualify for the guarantee, you must have used less
than 50% or 100% if you are an individual with a disability) of the
calling time and data included in your monthly plan. However, if
your plan includes unlimited calling time or SMS, this condition
does not apply to the unlimited option.
Why would it matter if your an individual with a disability?
Keep in mind that this has not been altered, I have the document here.

Answers

• AlmightyPain
    AlmightyPain Posts: 114 ✭✭

haha pretty funny 

• DavidP
    DavidP Posts: 301 ✭✭
    It’s not a mistake it is in the CRTC wireless code of conduct. https://crtc.gc.ca/eng/phone/mobile/code.htm
  • Sebastien
    Sebastien Posts: 2,127 ✭✭
    I don't know if it's a typo, but it's the same in French : "De plus, pour avoir droit à la garantie vous devez avoir utilisé moins de 50% (ou 100% si vous êtes une personne handicapée)".
    That means that you can leave within 15 days to get reimbursed, but you need to have use less than 50% of your calling time or data. Except if you are an individual with a disability, they will gave you the opportunity to leave within 15 days even if you used more than 50% of your datas and minutes.
  • Sebastien
    Sebastien Posts: 2,127 ✭✭

Don't seems to be a typo. Same in French. It's the CRTC law : "If you are a person with a disability, you have an extended trial period lasting a full month. It includes 100% of the monthly usage limits specified in your contract."

Source : https://crtc.gc.ca/eng/phone/mobile/period.htm

• Jonathan C. 2531
    Jonathan C. 2531 Posts: 175 ✭✭
    Like several others have said, this isn't a mistake and it isn't exclusive to Fizz. Other carriers have had similar language in their contracts for quite some time.
  • DinoS
    DinoS Posts: 626 ✭✭
    I feel it's weird too no matter it's a common term from CRTC or not.
  • Chris P. #37
    Yeah, I see that too now after searching it up, but what I'm not getting at is that there is no place that says that if you have a disability you get a certain percentage more and also why is there just a closing parentheses and not an opening one?
  • Chris P. #37
    And what I meant isn't that people with disabilities can't get this, it is part of the CRTC but it's the way it's written in the Fizz service agreement, "In addition, to qualify for the guarantee, you must have used less than 50% or 100% if you are an individual with a disability) of the calling time and data included in your monthly plan". Like I don't see where the opening parentheses is and also it seems like they started to write a sentence after 100% but then just stopped before completing it