New SIM Data working but phone is not, what is the next step?

Options
I got a new sim and a new number 438 4xxxxxx9 data is working fine but can not make or receive calls, have rebooted several times, this morning got an email finish activating your SIM, sim has been activated since yesterday

Answers

• Got Fizzed
    Got Fizzed Posts: 86 ✭✭
    Options
    May be try on another phone?
  • Sebastien
    Sebastien Posts: 2,127 ✭✭
    Options
    It took me 1:30 hours to get my transfer done when activated mine. Datas worked first, but no phone at the time. Need to wait. Or contact tech support tomorrow morning via chat.
    Simply click on the chat bubble that appears at the bottom the Solution Hub pages. Make sure that:
    -You're logged into your Fizz account.
    -You're active on a help page.
    -You're within the business hours: Monday to Friday from 8 a.m. to 9 p.m. (EST), weekends and holidays from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. (EST).
    -You have disabled any ad blockers in your browser.
  • Anne H. #1344
    Anne H. #1344 Posts: 648 ✭✭
    Options
    Did you just port your number? It's not activated yet.
  • Jonathan C. 2531
    Jonathan C. 2531 Posts: 175 ✭✭
    Options
    You should be able to make and receive calls immediately with a new number activation, or at least at the same time as data starts working. Are you sure you have a compatible phone? When using LTE for data Fizz uses different frequencies for voice/sms than it does when you connect only on 3G. You may be missing the necessary frequency support on your phone. But if LTE data work, which uses the same frequency bands as 3G data, chances are you should be able to force it to 3G only and have all services work. Unless the problem is on Fizz's end, in which case you will need to have a chat with them.
This discussion has been closed.