Answered question

I change my phone and it is asking for unlock PIN. I tried the PUK but it is not working

My Sim was working on S6. now I move it to S5 and it is asking me for the PIN to unlock it. I used the PUK pin from my Fizz account but it says not correct.

omar
omar

omar

User level
Level
36 / 100
Did you find this useful ?

No (0)

Yes (0)

0% of users found this answer useful

Other answers

omar
omar

omar

User level
Level
36 / 100
yes, my S5 is unlocked.
I'm waiting on messenger since 3 hours now.

omar
omar

omar

User level
Level
36 / 100
yes, I'm sure. I bought it used and unlocked. and I was using it with Chater.

omar
omar

omar

User level
Level
36 / 100
also, it is asking to enter the PIN to unlock the SIM

Using the phone on chatr might have locked it to that network. If possible, try your Fizz sim in another unlocked phone to confirm. The message on Samsung phones has caused more than one person to end up entering the wrong unlock code too many times and locking up the phone even more.

It sounds like your S5 is locked. You stated that your SIM worked on your S6 so we know that there is no problem with the Fizz SIM card. You can try using a Bell, Telus, Virgin, Koodo SIM to confirm it is locked to Chatr if you see the same message.

Keep in mind chat-r is a Rogers subsidiaries, so it's possible that a Rogers/Fido phone would work fine on other subsidiaries of the same network, can't you contact the original carrier and ask them for an unlock code? It should be free now.