Where exactly is the included zone?

Options
Im having a hard time figuring out exactly where I can use the phone with the specific coverage based on the map. I live in Ottawa, so if I get a Canada plan, does that mean I can use my phone anywhere in Canada without incurring extra charges, or is only usage in the subscription zone included?

Answers

• Got Fizzed
    Got Fizzed Posts: 86 ✭✭
    Options
    What is the difference between my coverage area and subscription area?
    Your coverage area is where you can use your Fizz plan without paying roaming fees. When you subscribed and created your plan, you chose your coverage area: Quebec, Canada or USA + Canada. If you roam outside your coverage area, you can use your Fizz plan on our partner networks. Log into your account any time to change your coverage area: How to change your plan.
    https://fizz.ca/en/faq/subscription-area-and-coverage-area
  • M T. #338
    M T. #338 Posts: 2,934 ✭✭
    Options
    Yes, If you live in Ottawa and subscribe to Canada coverage then you can use your phone anywhere in Canada without extra charges to features covered by your plan.
    Exception :
    "The majority of your usage (calls, texts and data) must be done on the Fizz network.
    We reserve the right to interrupt or block access to our network of partner providers if you use your mobile service primarily on their networks for 3 consecutive payment cycles.
    "
    That means if you use your phone mainly in Ottawa city then you should be ok.
    Use this tools https://fizz.ca/en/coverage to determine subscription zone.
    In this example the green area represents the subscription zone and the pink area represents the coverage zone that is not in the subscription zone
  • Whizz
    Whizz Posts: 19,165 admin
    Options
    Jason,
    You are correct, all-Canada plans are good for the entirety of Canada, including Ottawa. If, however, you're looking to call, text, or MMS anyone in the US, it would be best to grab a CA+US plan. Great question!
    Respectfully,
    Jiri
This discussion has been closed.