Just activated my internet home now my residential phone doesnt work what do i do?

Options
TrainFood
TrainFood Posts: 144 ✭✭
Hello, I was with xinflix (chinese internet provider) and i just switched to fizz and everything work greats. But when i was with xinflix my residential phone was with a chinese company italkbb? dont know how i ended with them. The problem is my line used to be connected to the small box (see picture) (grey) then connected to the modem (bell) then to the my phone But now since I no longer use bell modem that they gave me . I dont know how to make my phone work? Can anyone help me please ? sorry for my bad english

Answers

• Victor C. #1356
    Victor C. #1356 Posts: 219 ✭✭
    Options
    Just plug your phone to the fizz modem,
    Turn off your phone box, plug it to fizz modem, wait 2 minutes and try
  • GyslainH
    GyslainH Posts: 319 ✭✭
    Options
    Just put the blue cable back in the your modem
  • TrainFood
    TrainFood Posts: 144 ✭✭
    Options
    The thins is the technician installed my modem in my bedroom but the phone and everything is in the kitchen.
  • GyslainH
    GyslainH Posts: 319 ✭✭
    Options
    @william, then you have to move you phone system or take a longer cable (les then 100feet) from your modem to your phone system
    You should've informed the technicien about that
  • Kenny L. #23
    Kenny L. #23 Posts: 794 ✭✭
    Options
    You can move the Linksys ATA to the bedroom and connect the Cat 5 (blue cable) to the Fizz modem. Then connect the RJ11 from the Linksys ATA (grey phone cord) to the closest phone outlet on the wall. All your outlets in the house are generally connect together.
  • Kenny L. #23
    Kenny L. #23 Posts: 794 ✭✭
    Options

@William... You can move the Linksys ATA to the bedroom and connect the Cat 5 (blue cable) to the Fizz modem. Then connect the RJ11 from the Linksys ATA (grey phone cord) to the closest phone outlet on the wall. All your outlets in the house are generally connect together. Try that, it should work.

• Whizz
    Whizz Posts: 19,150 admin
    Options
    William,
    Your best bet would be to contact Bell for your land line. If you have a Bell account for your home telephone, they will be able to follow up with you right away, as they have technicians in town.
    Respectfully,
    Jiri
This discussion has been closed.