sms not working?

Fahad A.
Fahad A. Posts: 3 ✭✭
I could not receive text messages from the services that I'm using. for example, PayPal wanted to send a code over SMS to confirm my new phone number but I never received their message. this implies for other services as well. any suggestions?

Answers

• Fahad A.
    Fahad A. Posts: 3 ✭✭
    I hope they fix it soon because I don't want my accounts to be locked.
  • GyslainH
    GyslainH Posts: 319 ✭✭
    You should stop using 2FA by SMS anyway it's highly unsecure
    You should be using them by apps like google authenticator and email, less chance to get sniffed
  • jean-maxime N.
    jean-maxime N. Posts: 504 ✭✭
    Use a authentication app instead , more secure and faster.
  • TheMMc
    TheMMc Posts: 489 ✭✭
    Gyslain Got right. SMS are not encrypted and it's easy to capture so it's not secure. I got the same bug Fizz know it and they are working on it. I received this week a short code SMS from Microsoft so we can hope they will fix it in the future.
  • Martin C. 8281
    Martin C. 8281 Posts: 2 ✭✭
    I have the same problem.
  • David G. 8208
    David G. 8208 Posts: 63 ✭✭
    I have the same issue with a variety of short code SMS. I am using the "call me" feature instead if available. But it is pretty surprising that it is taking so long to get this working on Fizz.
  • Whizz
    Whizz Posts: 19,071 admin
    Here are a few steps to follow and I hope you will find the reason why you don't receive SMS.
    1. Make sure your plan includes text messages
    2. Restart your phone.
    3. Make sure your phone (or your recipient’s phone) has not reached the maximum capacity for the number of text messages it can send, receive or store.
    4. Check if text messages are blocked on your phone.
    5. Make sure you have installed the most recent software update on your phone.
    6. Make sure your phone is correctly configured for the Short Message Message Service Center (SMSC).
    7. Test using a different mobile phone.
    Acces the link for more information. https://fizz.ca/en/faq/i-cant-send-or-receive-text-messages
    If you have more questions don't hesitate to contact Team Fizz.
    Raluca
This discussion has been closed.