Any known mobile coverage issues in BC?

Options
Katia O.
Katia O. Posts: 12 ✭✭

Hi! I'm heading to BC from Montreal later this month, having just made the switch to Fizz. Was wondering if anyone knows of/has experienced any network issues while in BC? I'm hoping to use SMS while there, and not need to rely on data. Any feedback would be welcome. Thanks! 

Answers

• ReneD
    ReneD Posts: 1,809 ✭✭
    Options
    If you have a Canada wide coverage plan you shouldn't have any troubles. Fizz rooming protocols works pretty good everywhere in Canada since they have commercial agreement with Bell, Rogers and Telus around the country.
    Make sure you have rooming setting enabled on your phone!
    Chizz :))
  • AlmightyPain
    AlmightyPain Posts: 114 ✭✭
    Options
    Agree with Rene D, as long as you got Canada wide coverage and roaming.You will be fine
  • TheMMc
    TheMMc Posts: 489 ✭✭
    Options
    Be carefull you can't take all your data in roaming. I think it's 50% of your plan for a maximum of 3 months consecutive.
    To be sure everything will work check the coverage and you can also check if videotron users report a bug because it's the same network.
  • M T. #338
    M T. #338 Posts: 2,934 ✭✭
    Options
    If you put some money in "Wallet" then you should ask Fizz to credit your Credit Card.
    An ongoing bug in Fizz system would debit all money from your "Wallet" while you're in roaming mode .
  • Johanne M. #358
    Johanne M. #358 Posts: 464 ✭✭
    Options
    Good point MT
This discussion has been closed.