Is it a good idea to join in Ottawa

Options
I'm a fresh immigrant, landing on 25th of February, looking at available mobile plans now. Saw Fizz as an option. As i understand, it's Quebec-based. I plan to live in Ottawa, and on the coverage map Ottawa is in the "green" area. Is it a good idea to join Fizz with these parameters?

Answers

• Jonathan C. 2531
    Jonathan C. 2531 Posts: 175 ✭✭
    Options
    Yes, Fizz is based out of Quebec plus Ottawa. If you get a Canada wide plan it will work everywhere, but you need to make sure you spend most of your time inside the green zone and can't sign up unless you live within it. If you live in the green zone and never leave it then the Canada wide option wouldn't be needed.
  • M T. #338
    M T. #338 Posts: 2,934 ✭✭
    Options
    You should get Canada coverage if you're in Ottawa otherwise you might not be able to call some phone numbers in Ottawa city.
  • Michel B. 1734
    Michel B. 1734 Posts: 48 ✭✭
    Options
    Personally I think it's worth getting the Canada-wide coverage anyway as it's not much more but I've read that the whole Ottawa region is part of the Quebec region for the plan so technically, if you are only calling from and to Ottawa, you should only need the Quebec region.
  • TheMMc
    TheMMc Posts: 489 ✭✭
    Options
    You should chat with fizz on Facebook messenger to be sure and check the coverage map on the fizz website. If you're not in the green area you can't get a plan. There is my invite code if you want 25$ off after your 2nd monthly paiement: I43LZ .
This discussion has been closed.