I don't have access to calls/texts; can I receive assistance?

Options

TLDR: I entered the wrong PIN/PUK code too many times on the SIM card and now I have no access to my number

I have been using a CDMA phone with PC Mobile for years and decided to switch to a smartphone. I ordered a Fizz SIM and put it in a Samsung S7 Edge that was locked to Bell previously.

The SIM needed a PIN to unlock, so I entered a bunch of PIN combos to see if I could unlock it (this phone had belonged to a relative, and I generally know their PINs for things, and vice versa). I couldn't unlock the SIM; no problem: I would wait for the phone number to transfer, use Fizz's PUK code and things would OK.

The number gets transferred, and now I have access to the "Unblock SIM card" option in "Manage Plan". Then I see this:

Be careful! If you mistype your PUK code 10 times, your SIM card will be permanently blocked, requiring you to order a new one.

*If you correctly type your PUK code and your SIM is still blocked, your SIM is out of service. Order a new SIM.

Now I don't have access to my number at all and I'm being told to spend more money...

I emailed ticket@fizz.ca at 4:30 PM UTC-5 today and haven't received a response back. I'm helpless and frustrated and I need assistance from someone who works for Fizz to rectify this. 

Answers

• S S. #1109
    S S. #1109 Posts: 46 ✭✭
    Options
    You have to wait until tomorrow to contact them:(
  • Matthew P. #2256
    Options
    @Rene D.
    I forgot to mention that I got a PUK code from Bell as well; that code did not work either.
  • Anne H. #1344
    Anne H. #1344 Posts: 648 ✭✭
    Options
    Chat with fizz in day time or fb messenger