SMS Group never send the message

Options
David E. 7077
David E. 7077 Posts: 17 ✭✭
I tried to send a sms to my group but It always displays "sending...." but it never sends it.

Answers

• M T. #338
    M T. #338 Posts: 2,934 ✭✭
    Options
    Are you able to send sms to one person ?
  • David E. 7077
    Options
    Yes no issues. I tried to restart my phone, but same issue.
  • M T. #338
    M T. #338 Posts: 2,934 ✭✭
    Options
    Apparently sending sms to a group is "defined" as sending MMS.
    Do you have data plan in your account ?
    If yes did you configure APN parameters https://fizz.ca/en/faq/what-are-fizz-network-settings-apn
  • Code_KRUEW
    Code_KRUEW Posts: 400 ✭✭
    Options

For group messaging, it is MMS and needs data (and the APN defined).

Something to try is to turn your wifi off and let your phone connect to the mobile data network and see if it sends through your data.

If that still fails, do you use a VPN?  Any special DNS settings that you may be using.  On Android 9/Pie, if you are using the setting for Private DNS MMS will fail unless this setting is set to Automatic.

• Code_KRUEW
    Options
    Something to try is to turn your wifi off and let your phone connect to the mobile data network and see if it sends through your data.
    If that still fails, do you use a VPN? Any special DNS settings that you may be using. On Android 9/Pie, if you are using the setting for Private DNS MMS will fail unless this setting is set to Automatic.
  • Code_KRUEW
    Options
    If that still fails, then it something to do with DNS and/or vpn? Any special DNS settings that you may be using. On Android 9/Pie, if you are using the setting for Private DNS MMS will fail unless this setting is set to Automatic.
  • Code_KRUEW
    Options
  • Code_KRUEW
    Options
    If that still fails, then it something to do with DNS and/or vpn? Any special DNS settings that you may be using. On Android 9/Pie, if you are using the setting for Private DNS MMS will fail unless this setting is set to Automatic.
  • Code_KRUEW
    Options
    On Android 9/Pie, if you are using the setting for Private DNS MMS will fail unless this setting is set to Automatic.
  • Code_KRUEW
    Options
    If that still fails, then it something to do with DNS and/or vpn? Any special DNS settings that you may be using. On Android 9/Pie, if you are using the setting for 'Private DNS' MMS will fail unless this setting is set to Automatic.
  • Code_KRUEW
    Options
    If that still fails, then it something to do with D N S and/or v p n? Any special D N S settings that you may be using. On Android 9/Pie, if you are using the setting for P r i v a t e D N S MMS will fail unless this setting is set to Automatic.
    (spaces are added because this message is being automoderated )
  • DinoS
    DinoS Posts: 626 ✭✭
    Options
    You need enable your data because Fizz MMS need data
  • Code_KRUEW
    Options
    If you're using Android 9/Pie, set Private DNS to automatic. If it is set to an address MMS will fail.
  • Code_KRUEW
    Options
    If you're using Android 9/Pie, set Private DNS to automatic.
  • David E. 7077
    Options
    I have 1 gig data plan. I tried to config the Fizz APN manually but it still not work. I will retry soon. May be I forgot a thing.
    In my APN list, I have LTE IMS and Media.ng who is selected.
    Thanks all for your help.
This discussion has been closed.