Conditional Forwarding

MartyC
MartyC Posts: 10 ✭✭
I can't setup conditional forwarding. Evertime I try I get an error message. If I do it using MMI codes (**62*NUMBER#) I get "Connection problem or invalid MMI code". If I try to enter it manually in the phone setting I get "Unexpected response from network".
Has anybody run into the same problem and has anybody found a fix?
This is a deal breaker for me. I'm willing to finish my first month and try to fix the issue, if no solution if found until then... I'm gone!

Answers

• MartyC
    Did you set it up with MMI codes?
  • M T. #338
    M T. #338 Posts: 2,934 ✭✭
    Yes I did **62*AreacodePhoneNumber# just like you did.
  • M T. #338
    You want to try review to see how it reacts ?
    *#62#
  • MartyC
    I says server not responding. Time it says dialing USSD codes instead of dialing MMI codes.
  • MartyC
    I just wanted to specify that I'm trying to setup conditional forwarding (busy, unanswered, unreachable)
  • M T. #338
    Yes I understand. I just wanted to see how it reacts to a simple "review" ( MMI code *#62# ) .
    Normally it would says "Call forwarding Voice : not forwarded" if nothing has been configured.
    In your case it couldn't even show the current status.
    I'm wondering if your phone "understands" MMI code ? Or you're currently not in Fizz coverage area ?
  • MartyC
    Thanks, but unfortunately none of those options seemed to work. I noticed that the forward all function works at the moment, but not the conditional forwarding.
  • ReneD
    ReneD Posts: 1,809 ✭✭
    I had the same issue 3 months ago when I subscribed to Fizz. It was a known issue apparently at the time.
    You would probably be better off taking to CS about this.
    Chizz :))
  • MartyC
    I've already opened a ticket with customer support. I also got an email today saying it was fixed. Sadly it wasn't. I find customer support to be lacking. They have text support, bit they don't seem to have much troubleshooting expertise. They keep telling me to hold on for a fix.
    Anyways thanks for taking the time to try to help me. Hopefully this gets resolved soon. I don't want to wait much longer.
  • Jonathan C. 2531
    Jonathan C. 2531 Posts: 175 ✭✭
    I may have encountered the same problem when I tried out unconditional forwarding and then wanted to take it off after. The MMI code worked to set up the forwarding but then something happened and I couldn't get any MMI codes to take when I wanted to go back to conditional forwarding to voicemail. I had to do it using the phone app settings instead, but I believe I had to set them all to blank first and then put in the voicemail number manually. Have you tried to blank the settings out?
  • Jonathan C. 2531
    And just to make sure, you are connecting to Fizz and not Fizz Ext when you are doing this, right?
  • MartyC
    Hello Jonathan C.
    I'm not sure if it's blank but all phone forwarding settings are set to Off. If I try to enter just a blank it won't let me turn it on.
    What is Fizz Ext? I'm currently on the Fizz network.
    Thanks for your help
  • Jonathan C. 2531
    I'm guessing you have different options on your phone. I attached a screenshot of my options, and I can just click on any of them and change or remove the number. Fizz Ext is the network name you should see if you are connecting to one of the partner networks (Rogers or Bellus) rather than Fizz itself. I imagine you probably can't change any of the forwarding settings from Fizz Ext but it should work fine when you're actually connected to Fizz proper.
  • Whizz
    Whizz Posts: 18,805 admin
    Hello Jonathan Carriere ,
    Please verify our FAQ regarding Fizz Ext : https://fizz.ca/en/faq/partner-networks .
    Have a nice day!
    Marius Daniel
This discussion has been closed.