Beta user since november 2018, Fizz number, how to port my other carrier number?

Options
Paul C. 5844
Paul C. 5844 Posts: 2 ✭✭
Hello
I am a beta tester with Fizz number. Is it possible to port my other carrier number to Fizz without loosing my beta plan?

Answers

• Johanne M. #358
    Johanne M. #358 Posts: 464 ✭✭
    Options
    I dont know you should ask fizz directly by the chat.
  • M T. #338
    M T. #338 Posts: 2,934 ✭✭
    Options
    Beta price was extended for 2 months sometimes in December last year.
    So it will end in about a month or so.
  • Whizz
    Whizz Posts: 19,177 admin
    Options

Hi Paul,

At the moment you can only port your number while activating a new account. You can't port in a number on a line that is already in use with Fizz. If you port your number, you would need to open a new line with the current launch prices in effect - you wouldn't be able to get the Beta price.

Cheers,

Jay

• Paul C. 5844
    Paul C. 5844 Posts: 2 ✭✭
    Options
    Thanks for the answers.
    In Manage My Plans there are 2 tabs "change this phone number" and "change sim card". Any of them giving the choice to port the number to Fizz? If I change the sim card will I loose my heta user plan? I am talking about the money here.
  • Kenny L. #23
    Kenny L. #23 Posts: 794 ✭✭
    Options
    As mentioned by Jay. You will lose your beta pricing if you port a number in since you have to get a new SIM to do so. I do not believe the option "change this phone number" means to port in a number. As M.T mentioned, beta pricing is ending soon so you can just wait a bit. If you need to port in a number now, it may be better just to go ahead so you can get the intro pricing in case that ends soon as well. Just a thought.
  • DinoS
    DinoS Posts: 626 ✭✭
    Options
    Change sim card won't give you phone porting option.
This discussion has been closed.