Unanswered question

Best router for Fizz Home Internet?

Greetings,

So, I think like most of you with Home Internet can conclude that Fizz's included modem for Home Internet has really really bad Wi-Fi. I read that some of you ended up connecting your own router to it to get better Wi-Fi.

I'm no expert in networking, so I was wondering if anyone can recommend me some good routers that will allow me to get best speed possible? I got the 60 mbps plan at the moment. I aim to upgrade to 120 if it comes back in the near future, so I would want a router that can support that.

Thanks!

David Liu
David Liu

David Liu

User level
Level
78 / 100
Answers

It may not be the router that's the issue, you may want to get some range extenders for the weak signal areas. You should also not expect max speeds from wifi.

David
David

David

User level
Level
12 / 100
Sometimes, the speed would be very slow or the Wi-Fi is not detected even though my devices are like 2 meters away from the modem. So, I do not believe it's a range-related issue.

Alexandre
Alexandre

Alexandre

User level
Level
43 / 100
Any decent router that supports AC should do the trick, I bought a refurbished Asus RT-AC68U and am getting great speeds and coverage on both 5 and 2.4 ghz.

David Liu
David Liu

David Liu

User level
Level
78 / 100
Well... currently debating if I should get one of those mesh wifi setups (Google Wi-Fi) or buy a router.

Javier David Torres
Javier David Torres

Javier David Torres

User level
Level
12 / 100
If your issue is the wifi signal, u dont need a router, u need an AccessPoint or a couple of them (Deppent of your place). Decent price/quality ASUS, TP-link is building abordable and not bad AP devices. But like a pro u can use Ubiquity (No regrets at all)

Anne
Anne

Anne

User level
Level
5000 / 5000
Bestbuy has Netgear neighhawk r7000, it's the one I'm using, very good range.

Bambie Tambourin
Bambie Tambourin

Bambie Tambourin

User level
Level
1476 / 2000
since yesterday i saw a most recent posts from a guy with the same problem it got solved by the community just chekc it out buddy

Bambie Tambourin
Bambie Tambourin

Bambie Tambourin

User level
Level
1476 / 2000
yes datalink or share2go are two model you can find for a good price on Amazon

Bambie Tambourin
Bambie Tambourin

Bambie Tambourin

User level
Level
1476 / 2000
just unscrew the bottom of your device you will see a gear looking like a clock turn it one quarter and a half to the left you willl be able to enjoy faster internet for a fraction of the price as you can use every ethernet cable to launch your beta internet good luck :)

Bambie Tambourin
Bambie Tambourin

Bambie Tambourin

User level
Level
1476 / 2000
it will be hard in the beginning to find these bolt im talkin of but this is for the model sm-g956w only and maybe its not available from where you are depending if you are in ontario or Quebec

Bambie Tambourin
Bambie Tambourin

Bambie Tambourin

User level
Level
1476 / 2000
Fizz is good :) !

David Liu
David Liu

David Liu

User level
Level
78 / 100
Been getting a couple of new replies lately. So, for those who are interested, I ended up getting Google WiFi and it fixed all of the issues I've had.

Hope that helps~