I am unable to make international calls that I am subscribed to at $5/month

Options
Been using my Fizz SIM on Android for 2 weeks now without issue. Put it in an unlocked iPhone today, got Fizz reception and was able to send/receive SMS, but when I tried to make a call to the Philippines, all I got was a recording saying "your current plan does not allow us to connect this call", which is weird because 1) I am subscribed for this at $5/month and 2) I was previously able to make such calls on the other phone (as evidenced in the attached image). The only advice I've found here was to update my iOS version, but that doesn't seem to have fixed anything - any other ideas?

Answers

• M T. #338
    M T. #338 Posts: 2,934 ✭✭
    Options
    You need to contact Fizz to have this fix https://fizz.ca/en/faq/resolving-issues
  • ReneD
    ReneD Posts: 1,809 ✭✭
    Options

There is a post, somewhere here from Fizz Tech, saying that Fizz has trouble with Other country add-on package, but if it's part of your plan it should work 100%.

I'm pretty sure Kent T. has the right answer and it would make a lot of sens.

Chizz :))

• George D. #1201
    George D. #1201 Posts: 8 ✭✭
    Options
    Others reported this problem this problem, but it was resolved last week for calls to Europe.
  • Jaime L. #1858
    Jaime L. #1858 Posts: 6 ✭✭
    Options
    Thanks, guys! Following Kent T's advice, I checked the advanced parameters on my account - and blocking outgoing international calls is NOT activated. Any other ideas?
    The Facebook chat support hasn't responded since yesterday, and the complaint that I submitted was closed without any resolution (so I opened a new ticket just now).
  • Jessica P. 940
    Jessica P. 940 Posts: 8 ✭✭
    Options
    Hi Jaime, I had the same problem with international calls, I just talked to Fizz trough their facebook page and they answer me within 2 days, they took their time to resolve the issue, it something that happens to some users. My husband got a plan with the international calls and he didn't get any trouble since his first day.
    In my case Fizz took around 3 week to resolve the issue. They finally made "some adjustments" on my account, refund me the $5 from the international calls plan, give me two extra addons for the same country at no charge and told me to wait until the next billing cycle to get again my regular international calls plan. Now everything is working nicely.
  • Jaime L. #1858
    Jaime L. #1858 Posts: 6 ✭✭
    Options
    Update: After 2 weeks, I still haven't received any update from Fizz regarding my issue and the tickets I've raised. I've tested once again today, and the results are the same - my international calls still aren't going through, with the same error message.
    I've followed-up again today (resulting in 2 more new service tickets being created), and it is nearing the end of my billing cycle - is the least I can expect from them for now to refund the $5 that I've already paid for a service that I'm not receiving?