I am getting full LTE bars but still am gettingf the following message on an iphone purchased at app

Francesco V.
Francesco V. Posts: 16 ✭✭
I am getting the sim card not valid: card currently installed in the iphone is from a service provider that is not supported under the activation policy that is currently assigned by the activation server. Please insert another sim card from supported provider or request this iphone be unlocked by your service provider. contact apple for more info. I don't understand as this iphone was purchased at apple, they are all unlocked.

Answers

• Anne H. #1344
    Anne H. #1344 Posts: 648 ✭✭
    Your phone is locked with other provider (ie. Rogers) and need to be unlocked. Free unlock for any iphone since dec-2017. Call your old provider and they'll unlock for free. NO NEED TO BE their customer.
    https://www.cbc.ca/news/business/crtc-wireless-code-cellphone-1.4161711
  • samisheikh
    samisheikh Posts: 192 ✭✭
    It sounds like your iPhone isn't unlocked. Your Apple activation policy ID either needs to be 10(Unlocked) or 2303(Multi Mode Unlocked). Check with your old provider and see if they can unlock it for you. If not, call Apple Tech Support, speak to senior adviser and have them create a ticket with their Backend Engineering team to change your activation policy ID.
This discussion has been closed.