Anyone is a similar situation?

Alan S. #1726
Alan S. #1726 Posts: 5 ✭✭
1) ordered 2 SIM cards (one for me one for my brother), only got 1 SIM
2) activated the SIM I received
3) reported the other SIM card as lost
4) had my active SIM blocked
5) was not able to reactivate SIM (to report as lost/stolen it is not necessary to inform IMEI. To report as found and reactivate, IMEI mandatory. If IMEI is not on lost/stolen database, impossible to reactivate)
6) Received second SIM. Tried to reactivate my number on it. System gave error message
7) Representative said new SIM was necessary.
8) Bought a third SIM. System said my number was active on it.
9) Phone still without service (it reads Fizz, measures signal, but no data. When trying to make call, receives message " welcome to Videotron, you are not register. To fix it call 611"). Impossible to call 611.
10) Without a phone for a while and still waiting for an answer from "specialized tech team" (at least 3 days)

Answers

• Alan S. #1726
    I have an iphone 6s
  • Anne H. #1344
    Anne H. #1344 Posts: 648 ✭✭
    I was in similar situation a few days ago, it can be fixed by going to my plan , and do a sim swap instead. Just order 4th sim and do it.
    After, ask Fizz refund first 3 sim costs. Take pictures of all 3 wasted sim and attach in your complain. They will refund money as wallet money in your account.
  • samisheikh
    samisheikh Posts: 192 ✭✭
    Hi Alan,
    I was in the same situation and so were my friends. You have to be at a minimum of iOS 12.1. Once you're phone is updated to iOS 12.1, you'd either need to connect to iTunes or go to Settings-->General-->About and you'd be prompted for a carrier update.
    I believe in your about page you're seeing Videotron 35.0, Fizz data works on Fizz 35.1. You have to also make sure you're connected to Wi-Fi in order to receive a carrier update once you've updated your iOS.
  • ReneD
    ReneD Posts: 1,809 ✭✭
    Yep that's right, my iPhone switched back to Fizz 35.0 I don't know why...
    I guess Sami S. has the solution here
    Chizz :))
  • Alan S. #1726
    Hey guys,
    First, thank you everyone for your help.
    I tried all suggestions (except getting my 4th SIM). Nothing worked. :(
    When I open the About page it does not prompt me to a Carrier Update. Same thing when I go to my iTunes.
    When I activated my 3rd SIM it was using the Change SIM function on the website. It is still not working.
  • Anthony I. #889
    Anthony I. #889 Posts: 31 ✭✭
    Never heard of a situation as strange as this... Something's definitely wrong...
  • samisheikh
    samisheikh Posts: 192 ✭✭
    I just re-read your post, I was initially under the impression that your Phone and Text were working but only your Data isn't working. However since your phone isn't working either, it probably means your line isn't active and if you are porting that your porting was unsuccessful. Which provider were you with before Fizz? Did you get a confirmation from that provider that your line has been cancelled(If you're porting your number)? What happens when you try to call your number from another phone?