Unanswered question

Android Wifi Calling feature using Fizz network

The wifi calling option on a Android phone is disable. It was working on Rogers network. Will Fizz enable this feature so that we can use are primary number using Wifi? I don't want to use a 3rd party app with another number. Thanks.

Jamie
Jamie

Jamie

User level
Level
2 / 100
Answers

Mohammad
Mohammad

Mohammad

User level
Level
2349 / 5000
Contact them through facebook.

Anthony, it depends on the carrier and the phone that you are bringing in. Typically, there's no issue with iPhones. However, for Android phones it is not so obvious. I was able to use wifi calling on my Google store bought Pixel 2 on Fido. But I did see on the forums that many people with Pixel 2s unable to get WiFi working on Fido.

MT
MT

MT

User level
Level
5000 / 5000
Fizz does not enable wifi calling on their network .

Hello Jamie,

At the moment, the wifi calling option is not available. But thank you for the suggestion, we'll be forwarding it to the team in charge.

Cheers.

Frédéric
Frédéric

Frédéric

User level
Level
62 / 100
YES PLEASE! DO enable wifi calling! Were I live I am surrounded by mobile towers but whenever im near my house the signal drops for every carriers I tried.

Would it be possible to contact me or maybe everyone in this thread when the feature gets turned on?

Frédéric
Frédéric

Frédéric

User level
Level
62 / 100
Dear Whizz of the Fizz Team, could you please post it in here when the feature becomes available? I really need this feature so I've subscribed to the thread and am now waiting patiently.

Thank you.

Kévin
Kévin

Kévin

User level
Level
11 / 100
When Fizz will add Wifi calling, we are in 2020, all carriers have this option without your company . There is someone who can work on that ? Because some people use the wifi calling outside country. I use wifi calling when I’m outside the North America . Now , I’m disappointed, I though to with with you to save money and kept this option .

Francis
Francis

Francis

User level
Level
34 / 100
I would benefit from so much when I'm at home.

I only have coverage if i hang by the window :/.

Jackson
Jackson

Jackson

User level
Level
15 / 100
Has there been any progress on enabling wifi calling. I need this at the cottage where Fizz EXT is very weak.