Answered question

Why I don't receive text messages?

Hello, I joined a month ago without a tick for unlimited text messages, since I do not send them, but only receive (from bank, ebay, other websites, etc). When I created a plan, it was stated that incoming SMS is always free. However, on the help page for problems with text messages, the opposite is written (If your plan does not include text messages, it will be impossible for you to send and receive texts on your phone.). Link: https://fizz.ca/en/faq/i-cant-receive-or-send-text-messages

Anyway, I do not receive SMS messages from the websites I need (Banking, eBay, etc). But I got a couple of spam messages.

What I'm doing wrong guys?

P.S.The Short Message Service Center number is added to the messaging app.

Dmitry Kryukov
Dmitry Kryukov

Dmitry Kryukov

User level
Level
35 / 100
MT

MT

User level
Level
5000 / 5000
It's a knonw issue that Fizz users can not receive message from different institutions like bank, paypal etc.
It's Fizz issue (not you).

However have you tested to see if you can receive text message from ordinary users ( friend , family ... ) ?

Did you find this useful ?

No (0)

Yes (0)

0% of users found this answer useful

Other answers

Dmitry Kryukov
Dmitry Kryukov

Dmitry Kryukov

User level
Level
35 / 100
>It's a knonw issue that Fizz users can not receive message from different institutions like bank, paypal etc.
It's Fizz issue (not you).

However have you tested to see if you can receive text message from ordinary users ( friend , family ... ) ?

Yes, I can receive messages from my family. So, do you know, are they going to fix that?

MT
MT

MT

User level
Level
5000 / 5000
No I don't know.

ReneD
ReneD

ReneD

User level
Level
5000 / 5000
There is a thread you can follow this issue
https://community.fizz.ca/questions/1808946-sms-2-factor-authentication-issues

Chizz :))

Mohammad
Mohammad

Mohammad

User level
Level
2319 / 5000
That will take a while to fix. They are focusing on other stuff right now.