Tutorial: How to port your old phone number from other mobile provider to Fizz?

Options
Anne H. #1344
Anne H. #1344 Posts: 648 ✭✭
Fizz lack the step by step guide for phone porting. Let's work together to consolidate one ourselves. Let me start from my own experience:
1. Telus to Fizz, just use account number (can see it from user portal of telus.com)
2. Freedom to Fizz (need use IMEI, iphone is setting->About-> IMEI, Android is Setting->About Phone)
3. Chatr (either use IMEI,which is very slow. Or call 611 from your Chatr phone, or call 1-800-485-9745 and ask support to give your account, and use ACCOUNT NUMBER, there is 000 in front and keep it);
4. Rogers (use account number)
Porting time varies but most will be done in a few hours. If it's more than 4 hours, it's not right.
Need porting step from Fongo to Fizz but can't find any reference so far.

Answers

• Whizz
    Whizz Posts: 19,150 admin
    Options
    Hello Rose,
    Thanks you for sharing. I will add some information, it may be helpful :
    If you transfer a number from Petro Canada Mobile to Fizz you will need a Pin number provided by them.
    If you transfer a number from Virgin Mobile there are two cases :
    ◾ if it is prepaid : use PIN or IMEI informations
    ◾if it is postpaid (monthly subscription) : use IMEI.
    Cheers,
    Ionut
  • DinoS
    DinoS Posts: 626 ✭✭
    Options
    Anybody port from speakout, please share. Is imei ok ? Or need pin code too?
  • Leifuer
    Leifuer Posts: 498 ✭✭
    Options
    Thank you for this!
  • redhead
    redhead Posts: 818 ✭✭
    Options

If porting a number from ROGERS Share Everything plan, beware. According to ROGERS:

There is nothing to worry about. If your number is currently the main line on the account, we simply need to switch that title over to your second line and make this second line become the main number. Once that is done, you can safely port out your number.

• Thanh T. #9018
    Thanh T. #9018 Posts: 1 ✭✭
    Options
    What about Fido I can't receive text either calls... but I can make calls and texts... do I get Fizz credits for it?
  • Alfio
    Alfio Posts: 398 ✭✭
    Options
    Just ported my number from Petro-Can. Used only the IMEI of the phone. Took under three hours for the port to be completed. Did not need a PIN or account number from Petro-Can.