Answered question

I moved my phone from other carrier to Fizz and seeing roaming error

I just activated my SIM card and move my cell number from other carrier to Fizz. But for any call that I want to make and error pops up that "Your SIM card is in roaming mode and not local. Do you want to continue?"
What is this error? Solution?

Farzad
Farzad

Farzad

User level
Level
12 / 100
Have you tried rebooting your phone yet? If you can't connect to the Fizz network (no Ext) and you are in a Fizz service zone not just the extended coverage area that's a problem. From looking at the specs of that phone it seems it's not compatible. You would probably only be able to roam on Fizz Ext with it without AWS frequencies. But if you are always on Fizz Ext and never Fizz eventually they'll lock you out of the network (probably in about 3 months). Gives you some time to upgrade phones, however.

Did you find this useful ?

No (0)

Yes (0)

0% of users found this answer useful

Other answers

ALLISON
ALLISON

ALLISON

User level
Level
5000 / 5000
What kind of cell phone do you have? Is it compatible with fizz/ videotron network? What cell networks do you see with your phone?

Farzad
Farzad

Farzad

User level
Level
12 / 100
Huawei G610. I moved from Chatr. The network name is videotron/fizz ext.

Ravnoor
Ravnoor

Ravnoor

User level
Level
267 / 750
As @Jonathan pointed out, your phone doesn't support AWS frequencies (for 3G/4G/LTE) required for Fizz to operate for Home coverage. You're probably roaming off of Rogers that does support your phone (migrating from Chatr).

MT
MT

MT

User level
Level
5000 / 5000
When you see Fizz Ext it means you're in roaming.
Your phone might be blocked after 3 months consecutive using Fizz Ext.