Answered question

How can I transfer my number from Fongo (voip)

Hi everyone, I am new here. I just received my sim card and would like to transfert my existing Fongo phone number. How can I do that ? I have read in the forum that others did but didn't found any explanations ? thanks

The problem Is we don't have account numbers with fongo... What info can we provide. The Fizz FAQ shared by M.T.doesn't mention Fongo

https://fizz.ca/en/faq/activation-how-do-i-transfer-my-cu...

Thanks for letting me know. how you guys made it happend

Did you find this useful ?

No (0)

Yes (0)

0% of users found this answer useful

Other answers

MT
MT

MT

User level
Level
5000 / 5000
Elizabeth

Elizabeth

User level
Level
12 / 100
When you activate your new SIM there will be an option to use your existing number, then you will need to input your account number. It can take up to 2 hours, but mine was ported over in about 5 minutes.

Jiangzhou
Jiangzhou

Jiangzhou

User level
Level
44 / 100
You can do this when you activate your card and order a plan. Normally, you need to provide your account number in your previous provider. however, it depends, mostly it goes smoothly, sometimes you will confront some problems and can not do a transfer by the system automatically. in such condition, you need to fill a contact form in your file and do a transfer manually. good luck.

Jiangzhou
Jiangzhou

Jiangzhou

User level
Level
44 / 100
you can also use your IMEI number to do a transfer. To find the 15 digit IMEI number in your phone by dialling *#06#.

So... I tried to transfer my number... as soon as I enter my phone number the system tell me that it cannot transfer number from Landline.... other people on the forum did it... anyone has an explanation ?

I just want to recap... I am with Fongo (voip company), I don't have an account number and IMEI won't work with my situation.

thanks again

Jack888
Jack888

Jack888

User level
Level
366 / 750
Last year I transfered my fongo number to petro canada mobile,this year I transfered the number to Fizz. Buy sim at a petro canada station,activite on line ,you get a number ,call service you can transfer fongo number to petro canada mobile.It took 7-10days.(10$ sim+10$ voucher)+tax