Definition of coverage vague ?

Options
I live in Gatineau region, which is across the river from Ottawa. I have a Ottawa number and a Gatineau number. I took the Quebec plan for both numbers thinking that as long as I was in Quebec/Ottawa area, I would be able to receive calls/text within and outside of Quebec/Ottawa area. As well I would be able to make calls to inside and outside of Quebec/Ottawa.
As it turns out, while being in Gatineau, I can't make calls from my Gatineau number to an Ottawa number. But, while being in Gatineau, I can make calls from my Ottawa number to Gatineau and Ottawa.
My questions are:
1. While being in Quebec/Ottawa region, should I not be able to call Ottawa from my Gatineau number as I am able to call Quebec/Ottawa from my Ottawa number ? I would think that Ottawa should be considered part of Quebec coverage as it is part of the subscription area ?
2. Is there some where on Fizz site indicating exactly where you can call/text from/to depending upon your plan coverage? It's all too vague.

Answers

• E S.
    E S. Posts: 406 ✭✭
    Options
    https://fizz.ca/en/coverage - if you select Quebec from the drop-down menu, you will see the exact coverage map to answer both your questions. Alternatively, you can enter an address of interest and it will show the coverage for that location.
  • frederick M. #835
    frederick M. #835 Posts: 197 ✭✭
    Options
    just write your postal code on the map and you will be fixed
  • M T. #338
    M T. #338 Posts: 2,934 ✭✭
    Options
    According to Fizz coverage map Ottawa is part of Quebec coverage.
    These phones could be used to call each other from Ottawa and Gatineau
This discussion has been closed.