Answered question

Freezing the number

Hi! I am considering to become a new Fizz client, but before I have a question about freezing the number. If I need to stop paying for the phone by some reason (departure, for example) during a certain period, two months or so, what are the conditions? Should I pay something to keep my number?

Nina
Nina

Nina

User level
Level
1 / 100
point

If you want to keep your number, you will need to pay for a least a minimal package with no added texts, data, or phone calls (around $8 I think).

Did you find this useful ?

No (0)

Yes (0)

0% of users found this answer useful

Other answers

MT
MT

MT

User level
Level
5000 / 5000
One thing to remember you might not have the introduction price if you'll change your plan on your return ( depending on the date and we don't know when it will end yet )

Last time I checked it was 8$ per month for the minimum package, however if they increase the price after it will be whatever the minimum options give you at that time.

There's a trick you can do where you can temporarily suspend your service by declaring your phone stolen using this link: https://fizz.ca/lost-stolen-mobile-form . After you decide to come back, use the same link to reactivate your service.
That way you won't lose your introductory price.

Change to the minim $8 plan is an option, other option is move to voip company such as Fongo, which charge you $25 for phone porting (correct me if they increased price), and you can let it stay as long as you wan. When you're back after 1 year, move back to Fizz again.

If your travels are 2 months, is cheaper to pay the 2x $8 to keep the number than to switch and switch back, but if longer that is always a good option

E
E

E

User level
Level
3348 / 5000
The idea is that you're getting a price now that will be grandfathered... So you'll be saving (assumably) $5-10 or more per month compared to your previous provider. Consider that when you switch providers and switch back to Fizz, given that you'll probably lose your customer status.