Unanswered question

Can I use SIP (VoIP) from another provider on a data-only plan?

I already have a full VoIP setup at home and my device supports VoIP properly such that I can make VoIP calls through my provider over WiFi. Will the LTE data be unrestricted so that I can use my own provider when on LTE?

Answers

S
S

S

User level
Level
2620 / 5000
Yes I use a few and they work fine. Fongo, TextNow, etc. The call quality is not comparable so I keep it as a backup for now but in the short term I will probably not need it anymore. Also you can receive short SMS for stuff like 2FA google, banks etc until all is ready at Fizz.

MT
MT

MT

User level
Level
5000 / 5000
Yes it works on LTE
I also tried it during the time when LTE was down and voip worked on both H+, 3G.
I did not notice any difference in term of sound quality between LTE, H+ or 3G.

Carole
Carole

Carole

User level
Level
11 / 100
i dont see why not, its your data you can do what you want with it, though i wonder if you switch to 3g speed if it still saps your lte data.

E
E

E

User level
Level
3348 / 5000
You should message Fizz on the Fizz chat bubble or FB messenger to confirm if you're having issues with VoIP - but it should be unrestricted. Nobody so far has mentioned any issues.

Thanks to everyone for the responses! I was asking before ordering to confirm.

I've now switched to Fizz, hurrah!

I just activated my SIM and can confirm that VoIP.ms SIP via Android's built-in SIP support works!