How come Fizz only support IOS 12.1 and above? What happen if I use old iphone 5 or 5s?

Ann H.
Ann H. Posts: 226 ✭✭
I activated other line today. It works fine with my iphone 7. When I moved sim card to iphone 5s. Data doesn't work any more. I checked and find the firmware is not 12.1 on iphone 5s. I can't upgrade it because I have only 1g left on 5s.
Why Fizz make itself not competitive with old phones. It's budget phone plan, right? So it should be compatible with budget phone such as these old iphones. Fizz will lose customers who use these old iphone.
Fizz employee, please seriously consider my suggestion.

Answers

• Ann H.
    Ann H. Posts: 226 ✭✭
    @VC, try to avoid iphone 5 if you can. I helped my senior neighbor change his iphone 5 battery twice. In the end he simply go with new iphone SE. Iphone 5 is still great phone but its batter run its course.
  • E S.
    E S. Posts: 405 ✭✭
    I think it's time to upgrade your phone - it's not 2012 anymore. You're using nearly 7 year old technology...
  • P C. #31
    P C. #31 Posts: 126 ✭✭

@frederick M. and @ES., thanks for sharing info and advice!!

Personally I don't care for new technology, I only need/want basic functions.  I'm not very good with words  . . . . basic? minimalist? . . . . how about all the electronic waste that we create . . . . Merry Christmas to all!!!

• Whizz
    Whizz Posts: 18,805 admin
    Hello folks,
    We can confirm you that the mobile data works only for iPhones 5S and Up, for iPhones 5C and lower we're are still testing to see if these older devices will work on our network.
    Cheers
    Ionut
  • I can confirm that data and calls work on the iPhone 5S with latest iOS.
  • Danny R. #4085
    Danny R. #4085 Posts: 181 ✭✭
    Fizz is not recommanding to use those iphone if you need a data plan but a lot of user seem to tell that data work gine
This discussion has been closed.