when someone call me, they hear "the number is not in service"

Guang-Ren
Guang-Ren Posts: 10 ✭✭
I transferred my number from Bell yesterday evening. Within 1 hour, it worked, but partially. I can call/text everyone, everyone can text me; however, only some people can call me, many others cannot. When they call me from certain service provider, they hear "The number is not in service". So the number transfer is only partially working. I waited till today, hoping it will work eventually, but it is still not working till now. And I didn't receive a text message from fizz about my transfer - whether it is done or it has a problem. It is supposed to be done within 2 hours. Any idea? Thanks

Answers

• Guang-Ren
    I also asked Fizz on their Facebook. No answer in email/text/fb so far. I can receive calls from many friends so the information I provided when porting my number is correct and it worked, for some phones.
    The providers that cannot call me are Fongo, Textnow, CIK. That's what I already noticed. They all appear to be "special" phone company. Google phone can call me, though.
    Today I contacted CIK, and convinced their tech guy to check on their side. Finally they somehow solved it. Now all CIK phones can call me. They all could not before.
    Fongo, Textnow still cannot call me so far. I don't think that's a problem in Fongo/Textnow side. They probably can solve the problem on their side by doing something "special"; however, they are not supposed to do anything "special" for me, and I don't want to be "special". I just want to be a normal number, and every phone provider can call me, in a normal way like they call every normal number.
    It must be a problem in Fizz's porting process, and they have not sent me any info regarding my porting so far ... in almost 24 hours.
  • Guang-Ren
    Fizz just checked my account and said the portability has been completed, the plan is active and there is no blockage on my plan or number. They wanted me to contact Fongo/Textnow to solve the problem from the caller's side.
    I think most of my porting was correct - that's why Fizz saw everything looks correct and most people can call me; however, I believe there is still something wrong - that's why Fongo/Textnow/CIK cannot call me. CIK did something special for my number so they can callme, it's because I am their customer and pushed them, but in general, they shouldn't do anything special for me. They, all phone companies, should treat all phone numbers in the same way. If they cannot call me in the normal way, it means my number is special. I don't want to be special. I don't want to have any difference. Even if I can convince Fongo/Textnow do something special for my number (I don't think I can), how about other phone companies? I cannot test every phone company. By the way, CIK has no problem with other Fizz numbers, they just had problem with my number which was ported 2 days ago. My test confirmed that.
    So I would like to ask you, or your tech team, to check more, to figure out why my number is so special, and get rid of the special part.
  • Guang-Ren
    My test confirmed that Fongo/Textnow/CIK can call other Fizz numbers, so you guys don't need to worry. They just have problem to call my number. Something is wrong with my number. Maybe part of the porting process is not "clean"?
  • Guang-Ren
    Are there any volunteer who can give me your number to have a test? only if you:
    1. recently ported number
    2. from Bell Mobile - must a Bell mobile phone
    If I can test more such numbers, we probably can give Fizz more useful info about this issue.
    Thanks
  • E S.
    E S. Posts: 405 ✭✭
    This is insanely frustrating to read. Hope you got it figured out and post the solution.
  • Whizz
    Whizz Posts: 18,805 admin
    Hi Guang-Ren,
    I can confirm that a ticket has been sent to our technical team, so they can have a look.
    Once we have an update, we'll contact you via email, I am sorry for this inconvenience.
    Have a good one!
    Luciana
  • Guang-Ren
    Just did a test ... Fongo and Textnow are able to call my number now. Problem solved. Not sure what happened. Maybe the Fizz team did something to fix the issue; maybe someone in the middle of mobile companies did something; maybe no one did anything - the system just fixed the issue by itself (information synchronization routine, or something like that).
    Conclusion: When porting your number, it can be done in 1 hour for the major phone providers (or the normal providers), but for special phone providers like Fongo, you may have to wait for a few days, even weeks till it finally work. You probably just need to wait.
  • Whizz
    Whizz Posts: 18,805 admin
    Hi,
    Thank you for the update, Guang-Ren, I really am happy thats ok for you now.
    Have a great day.
    Luciana