Anybody transfer VoIP number to Fizz successfully?

Options
Ann H.
Ann H. Posts: 226 ✭✭
As title. I did research in community and only found a workout, transfer to other cell company first , and transfer to Fizz from other cell company.
Anybody transfer VoIP number to Fizz successfully?

Answers

• Philippe P. 4318
    Options
    I just received my sim card and I want to transfer my Fongo number to Fizz ? Can anybody help ? What's the easy way ? Can I do this myself ? Thanks a lot !!!
  • Philippe P. 4318
    Options
    So... I tried to transfer my number... as soon as I enter my phone number the system tell me that it cannot transfer number from Landline.... other people on the forum did it... anyone has an explanation ?
    I just want to recap... I am with Fongo (voip company), I don't have an account number and IMEI won't work with my situation.
    thanks again
  • Anne H. #1344
    Anne H. #1344 Posts: 648 ✭✭
    Options
    Phuongvan H said he did transfer fongo to Fizz, maybe you can send him a PM and ask directly. No everybody check community in daily basis.
  • Whizz
    Whizz Posts: 19,167 admin
    Options
    Hi,
    We’re currently unable to transfer land lines and VOIP phone numbers. : https://fizz.ca/en/faq/what-if-im-unable-to-transfer-my-phone-number
    Luciana
  • Anne H. #1344
    Anne H. #1344 Posts: 648 ✭✭
    Options
    @Luciana, how come Phuongvan H said he can port Fongo to Fizz. I do have a Fongo number which I want port to Fizz. Can you explain how to do it please?
  • Whizz
    Whizz Posts: 19,167 admin
    Options
    @Rose,
    I can confirm that user ported-in a number in November.
    Normally, it is not possible that a VoIP number to be ported to Fizz, because we do not accept those type of numbers. Probably the user transfered the number to a carrier that accepts the VoIP transfer and then to us.
    Maybe we should wait for a reply from Phuongvan :)
    Luciana
  • Phuongvan H.
    Phuongvan H. Posts: 2 ✭✭
    Options
    Oh no!... My bad!!!
    We can't transfer directly from Fongo to Fizz!
    I transfered my number to Koodo first and then to Fizz!
    Tranfering with Koodo cost me nearly nothing because I have retransfered to Fizz immediatly once the my number was with Koodo.
    I apologized for all the hopes, I generated!!
    Sorry again, I feel really bad!
  • James M. #1533
    James M. #1533 Posts: 88 ✭✭
    Options
    You can only transfer your VoIP number to Koodo then to Fizz because Fizz will not port your phone number if you do it directly.
  • Jack888
    Jack888 Posts: 34 ✭✭
    Options
    Last year I transfered my fongo number to petro canada mobile,this year I transfered the number to Fizz. Buy sim at a petro canada station,activite on line ,you get a number ,call service you can transfer fongo number to petro canada mobile.It took 7-10days.(10$ sim+10$ voucher)+tax
  • Kovid
    Kovid Posts: 588 ✭✭
    Options
    This is a missed business opportunity for Fizz.
This discussion has been closed.