Incoming texts suddenly stopped coming in: Known issue?

Adalwulf
Adalwulf Posts: 5 ✭✭
As of around noon of Dec. 17, I stopped receiving incoming text messages. My outgoing messages are being received normally. Is this a known issue, or a problem isolated to me?
[I ran through all the suggested resolutions (reboot, checked network settings, disconnected from network and set auto-find networks, etc). Yes, I have a data plan and texts were working perfectly fine until they weren't.]

Answers

• Kenny L. #23
    Kenny L. #23 Posts: 794 ✭✭
    Try selecting a Fizz EXT network and then let it auto select back. Worked for me when I had that issue early on...
  • Adalwulf
    Unfortunately, none of the suggested resolutions has worked. The issue is currently with tech support, but that seems to be a slow-going process.
  • Whizz
    Whizz Posts: 18,785 admin
    Hi Adalwulf,
    Once we get an update from our technical team, we'll get back to you via email.
    Sorry for this inconvenience!
    Luciana
  • Adalwulf
    Still no response from the Fizz tech support team on this, but I got texts partially working by piecing together clues from other people's solutions. Should anyone else be led here looking for a fix for no incoming text messages, this is what I did.
    Deleted all APN info, wiped data and wireless cache, turned phone off for ten minutes.
    Set up Fizz APN, but set the option to let me choose my network. I had no option for Fizz EXT, as other has suggested I try. Instead I connected to Rogers Wireless. Rebooted.
    On reboot, the phone first said I had no network connection. After a minute or so, it connected to Fizz EXT. My old SMS messages began coming in, but I couldn't connect to LTE. I tried switching to the Fizz network, but I stopped getting texts again, so I went back to Fizz EXT via Rogers Wireless.
    After a day, I tired again to let the phone automatically choose the network, it connected to Fizz, and I now have incoming SMS and LTE.
    What I don't have is MMS, incoming or outgoing.
  • Jeyajeevanraj
    Jeyajeevanraj Posts: 9 ✭✭
    I got the same peoblem. Can you explain a step by step for me to try and fix this? Its been 4 days AND I STILL DONT GOT A FIX. iF IT CONTINUES IM JUST GONNA DIP FROM fIZZ
  • Kovid
    Kovid Posts: 588 ✭✭
    These issues must be resolved by now as the network is quite stable
This discussion has been closed.