Answered question

LTE is back but speed is not there?

LTE is back after 2 weeks of poor network connection. However, speed is still something missing. It is around ~40 Mbps up and ~10 Mbps down. Basically it's 3g speed. When are we expecting the full speed back??

Wahidul Rony Islam
Wahidul Rony Islam

Wahidul Rony Islam

User level
Level
29 / 100
I googled fastest LTE speeds and found this

4G LTE vs. cable. Verizon 4G LTE wireless broadband is 10 times faster than 3G—able to handle download speeds between 5 and 12 Mbps (Megabits per second) and upload speeds between 2 and 5 Mbps, with peak download speeds approaching 50 Mbps. Cable speeds vary, but 4 to 12 Mbps are common.

However Iv'e seen people here posting speeds of up to 80mbps, I'm getting around 20mbps. you will definitely get different results at different times and locations.

Did you find this useful ?

No (0)

Yes (0)

0% of users found this answer useful

Other answers

As of right now data speed depends on location and how close you are to a tower, in my case I am averaging 25 Mbps which is faster than what I had with Fido even though I am in Montreal.. Just make sure you have the correct APN settings, try restarting your phone, if it doesn't help then there is not much you can do..

MT
MT

MT

User level
Level
5000 / 5000
LTE speeds varies from one carrier to another.

AlexB
AlexB

AlexB

User level
Level
1386 / 2000
Speed is the same as before for me.

I've seen firsthand different speeds from different towers and different times of day. Everything from 13 Mbps download to 90 Mbps. It should get better as you travel around.

E
E

E

User level
Level
3348 / 5000
Before the outage I achieved approximately 90mbps (still 25% slower than Fido) but better than what I've been getting the last 10 days.

Christopher
Christopher

Christopher

User level
Level
114 / 750
Averaging 3-5mbps in downtown Montreal. This is not LTE speed. This is barely 3G speed!