Answered question

What day is Fizz putting in the patch this week to enable LTE?

On the Fizz network status page: https://fizz.ca/en/faq/status-services

It was indicated last week that Fizz would be putting in a patch this week to fix the LTE issue. Can we know when we can expect that?

"Next week, Fizz will implement corrective measures in order to address the instabilities that occurred recently. Until then, some members will only have access to the 3G/4G HSPA network.

Rest assured that we are working relentlessly to fix the situation. We regret any inconvenience this situation may have caused you, and thank you for your patience throughout our launch period."

Peenis
Peenis

Peenis

User level
Level
882 / 2000
No Vaseline and no compensation

Did you find this useful ?

No (0)

Yes (0)

0% of users found this answer useful

Other answers

Probably on friday evening, to make sure to impact the most people possible at the worst possible time if it goes wrong :)
Sarcasm aside, I hope it will go well this time. They are at 2/3 strikes...

David
David

David

User level
Level
45 / 100
At this point, I just hope when it does that there aren't any outages.

Jacky
Jacky

Jacky

User level
Level
508 / 750
I feel sorry for those who's paying the retail price, i am still on Beta so i don't mind that much (7.50$ a month) but come on , i hope everyone who's paying retail price should get compensated. In 2018, who the hell uses 3G over LTE?????? its a huge difference.

Kevin
Kevin

Kevin

User level
Level
1267 / 2000
Hopefully the update is soon. I'm sure Fizz will start to lose even more people if they don't.

Mohammad
Mohammad

Mohammad

User level
Level
2349 / 5000
For one thing there wasnt any outage on friday, so thats a huge improvement.
So we just have to wait a bit more.

A few of my colleagues already gave up on Fizz and are switching back to faster, more reliable networks
As for myself I'm waiting to see how this patch works out. If it doesn't, I'll be leaving as well

No pressure

Peenis
Peenis

Peenis

User level
Level
882 / 2000
Like I always say: you got Fizzted

Francisco Toste
Francisco Toste

Francisco Toste

User level
Level
48 / 100
Yup same here I'm just waiting till end of week and see how it goes they way things are I'll also be leaving for a reliable provider

For my case, i didn't cancel yet with my other provider. Took a sim with new phone # to test out first. Took strict minimum. I'll wait to see how things go for next 20 days before i stay with other or stick with fizz and port my #

E
E

E

User level
Level
3348 / 5000
They've easily exceeded anyone's patience. LTE has not worked for the majority of the time I have had an account with this provider. The price you pay is irrelevant at this point.